Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Bug Shield

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  MikeyJEscape 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of adding a bug shield to my '09 Escape. I've never owned one before, so these things are new to me. I'm looking at the Lund Interceptor II and the Ford OEM low profile shield. Any comments on either one? Thoughts on where to buy the Lund?

I read some people find these things create wind noise. Anyone notice it on an Escape?

Thanks.

[mod]Moved to Exterior Mods.[/mod]

#4 ·
have the ford on mine and no wind noise whats so ever. Got it at dealers cost. 70$

#6 ·
I have the ford as well , had it on for awhile but then took it off cause i thought it looked abit cleaner with it off than on,,who knows i will probably put it back on when iget bored of the way it looks now, but the oem fors fit and looked good Dino

#8 ·
I haven't searched in a long while, are there color choices yet? Like clear or Chrome? I'm just afraid smoked on at Lt Blue would look out of place.

But now that I've had her almost 2 years, I guess I really don't need one, I don't get that many bugs on the windows, and lukily no chips yet (Afraid to say it, so now it'll happen)

#9 ·
scott6003 said:
I am thinking of getting the one that weather tech sells. Their floor mats are great so I hope the bug guard is just as good.
~Scott
Have both front and back mats from weather tech and they are awsome! :beer:

#10 ·
I ordered the Lund Interceptor II and should have it in a week or so.

Regarding Weathertech, I used their cargo mat/tray for years on other SUVs, and I bought one for the Escape. Looks great and fits well. Mine is black.

#11 ·
DaveJ said:
I ordered the Lund Interceptor II and should have it in a week or so.

Regarding Weathertech, I used their cargo mat/tray for years on other SUVs, and I bought one for the Escape. Looks great and fits well. Mine is black.
FYI, I received the Lund bug shield and it didn't fit. The p/n shown on the shield is the correct model, according to Lund. Lund customer service said it was "defective" and I should return it.

I bought it from Amazon.com so now I have the hassle of shipping it back. Lund said the Interceptor II will no longer be sold and only the "Bugflector II" by AVS will be sold in its place. The rep said the two shields are identical.

I'm not takig another chance with Lund and maybe I'll buy the Ford bug shield, but I really wanted it today because I'm taking a long trip over the next several days. None of my local dealers have it in stock.

Does the Ford low profile bug shield require drilling holes? I read on one parts website that it does.

Dave

#12 ·
yes under hood.

#14 ·
#15 ·
SilverAthlon said:
There was a thread some time ago about drilling holes under the hood for deflectors, many people had comments on what to do to the holes so they don't rust out... It would be a shame to install a product that protects your hood only to increase the rate of it's deterioration down the road.

http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=583&p=18157&hilit=drill#p18157
For the time being I decided not to install a bug deflector. I have mixed feelings about how they look, especially when they become worn and faded.

I don't know why my searches didn't turn up that thread, but it was a good one. Thanks.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.