The results of your IQ tests are back:

They are negative.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
my buddies truck has the following...

"im not in heat, so get off my ***"
"i don't suffer from insanity, i enjoy every minute of it"
and my favorite (i also have this on my escape)
"if you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them"

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
My other vehicle is a piece of ****, too.

:lol:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i seen a truck on teh 401 and it said "my ex wifes second car is a broom" i was laughing so hard i thought i was gonna drive off the road.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mafia Staff Car u toucha
My car I breaka u face.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is so right! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts

I can actually laugh at this now. When our daughter got her permit, this was actually a reality. :lol: Hubby did work with her some, but didn't have the time necessary to properly teach her. I decided that for me to teach her to drive, would take nothing short of a very strong tranquilizer prescription. :lol: We ended up sending her to driving school for private lessons. When it was our son's turn, off to driving school he went. :)

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You know that is boring on so many levels. :doh: :peace:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Colleen said:

I can actually laugh at this now. When our daughter got her permit, this was actually a reality. :lol: Hubby did work with her some, but didn't have the time necessary to properly teach her. I decided that for me to teach her to drive, would take nothing short of a very strong tranquilizer prescription. :lol: We ended up sending her to driving school for private lessons. When it was our son's turn, off to driving school he went. :)
When my youngest daughter got her permit, the state of Michigan required a set numbers of hours in a driving school (I forget the number) and 50 hours of documented time with parent or guardian and a percentage of those hours had to be either at night or during inclement weather (read snow here).

The wierd part is she turned to be a better driver than I or my wife is. :doh:

·
Registered
157 Posts
my country is the jeepney capital of the world, jeepneys - are the Philippines primary public vehicle they are the most creative one's too.. sample of their creativeness:

"Jeepney driver sweet lover"

" God knows JUDAS not pay" :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I have a ' Heavy vehicle drivers licence '. Basically this allows me to drive a car or truck. I am not required to have separate licences. Not sure about overseas, but my licence classification permits a limit, of about 7 or eight tonnes if driving a truck. My dad taught me years ago. Back in those days for adelaide, the final driving test had to be done with a police officer as the passenger. For some reason they were tough on the driving and parking tests.

They informed you if the driving was to their satisfaction. But the police officers had a policy, in context of " Parking test". They were quite particular about accuracy in parking. The officers indicated that this parking procedure " Had to be passed" to qualify for the licence. If you failed the policemans requirements for park test, you were not entitled to pick up your licence from the " Motor vehicles registration" department.

I can remember failing two of these tests with officers. On the third driving test, the policeman considered my parking as acceptable. They have changed the classifications for down under. Years ago my ' Heavy vehicle drivers licence' used to have the designation of " CLASS 2A" or something like that. Not sure about other people ,but my police driving instructors made sure that their instructions were followed to the letter.

They chose the most steep gradient of a road uphill, and then told me to perform a three point turn. The clutch action was to be smooth. Don't let the truck roll back and it must be a three point turn and not more. I set up my external mirrors to my exact requirements. The double clutch action was done, only on certain situations. When approaching a stop position, i decelerated with the manual gearbox to enhance the braking. These cops took note and observed my actions, while commenting on them.

On the final test which the policeman passed me on, his comment was : Well congratulations! I feel quite safe with your driving. I am not going to be too hard on you with the parking session. It's obvious your'e quite competent at this. Feels like you have been doing this for years. My reply was something like: It sort of seems like it but not quite. My dad has this freight transport as a profession, and he has been quite tough on me for good reason.

P.S. As an afterthought it was nerve wracking. But it was an incredible sensation picking up my drivers licence at the age of 21. Never had a 21st. birthday so that licence was actually akin to achieving an objective. When my dad was a passenger and teaching me, lo and behold when ever there were mistakes. Sometimes he would yell, but it was mostly like nagging as in raising his voice. I used to arrive home brooding and all tensed up. My neck would go stiff.

There was one odd day where i miscalculated my turn angle. I turned left at an intersection, and the rear wheels of truck went up over the kerbing. My dad just totally screamed. He went right off tap. Dad advised me that to keep the truck wheels in good alignment, do not drive over any kerbing. He explained it was a thorough stuff up, and not to be repeated. Apparently for trucks if the wheel alignment is knocked out, it can induce other problems. I can anticipate that Camusdarruch would comprehend the mechanical problems.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts