Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im driving down the higway yesterday with the wife and kids, and i hit the brakes, and im not slowing down. so im pretty much pressed as hard as i could to prevent rear ending the canpar truck infront of us. put the escape in neutral and it immediately bounces the tach off the rev limiter. so i get the thing pulled over at the gas station about 3min up the road. and found the plastic cover on the cruise control cable broken, holding the throttle open. disconnected it and went on the way with no cruise (can i order just the cable???)

about 20min later, i get a phone call from friends of ours were were behind us (we were all going to the same place). and he proceeds to tell me my escape is smoking like crazy. i pull over, and i got oil pissing out my front engine cover, and one of the seals on the side and wherever else that i couldnt see cause at this time i was on the side of the 417 in Ottawa.

im off to the shop to clean it all up, and am hoping that a new PCV valve, and perhaps some gaskets will fix it up.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update.. the PTO is leaking.. at the driveshaft seal. transmission is leaking at the passenger side axle seal. front valve cover is leaking. the tailpipe flange is leaking exhaust and it looks like a new gasket and bolts will fix that. with the cruise disconnected i got the full throttle experience again. i ended up putting in into neutral and shutting down. then restarting and hitting D after i had enough space to travel 90 again.

so, i took off the throttle body, the intake, and cleaned everything out. spray cleaned the engine, and then washed and detailed the entire vehicle. i prayed out the pvc valve, but might order a replacement. it ran fine on the way home and the only smell i got was burnt oranges from the engine soap LoL.

on monday, im going to the dealer, and seeing if i can get into a new F150, but i might just get a used but newer mini van, and then trade the wifes car for a new truck in a few months. thing that sux is i have to bury 10G worth of negetive equity. oh well, its only money and i cant take it with me HAHA.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Bummer... sorry to hear that...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i looked at a CTS today, but its the small V6 with a 6speed. hehe. wife really doesnt see us as a caddy type family LoL

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just joined the site. AKA a Newbie :D
First Post :wave:

I has a similar problem with a 2007 Focus 5 speed. I had a intermittent rev hanging issue,as the Focus boards call it. I cleaned out everythind, IAC, TB, etc.
The final fix was replace the TPS ( Throtle position sensor ) costs $ 30 Yankee Dollars here in NE Ohio.
I just got one at the local chain Advanced Auto. No More hanging revs. .However........

I did make the Focus go away December 30, 2009. With $ 2,000 in rebates and Ford's X plan pricing
I replaced it with a 2010 escape XLT. After the first 500 miles, average gas MPG is 27.4 MPG
4 cyl / 6 speed auto
Thats with winter fuel,breaking in, and our version of the Great Whit North as far as the Snow goes.

Little Joe
Boardman Ohin

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got it fixed, its now the dealers problem LoL. i traded it in. because the PVC failed at the same time the excessive reving decided to over pressurize the crank case and spit oil out just about every seal possible. now i have an 07 Freestyle limited.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts