Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent most of the weekend in the garage. 80 degrees in Buffalo Fri, Sat & Sun! In April! I finally started the conversion from the single Zenith Stromberg carb to the dual SU carbs. Pulled the z/s carb & manifolds off, dropped the exhaust, primed & painted that side of the engine bay once it was accessible, painted the valve cover & installed a new gasket, adjusted the valves, pulled the distributor so I can send it for a performance rebuild, and ordered a new Peco header & exhaust system. Even found time to prime & paint the left side chain guard for my '64 Mobylette. I bought it from a guy in France on EBayFrance, because I thought the paint was an exact match. It wasn't. Aw, heck - what's $72 in postage, anyway?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
you are one lucky guy eh. eventually i will have a British car sitting in my garage in pieces loL

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, Jonas1022 - you must have better eyesight than mine. I sprayed the engine bay with Flamenco Red straight from the auto paint guys up at my corner NAPA. The match is perfect. Screw you, eh?

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
10kpharo said:
Screw you, eh?
Your not my type! :bill:

Sorry, I was looking at and thinking about the photo with the plastic taped down and what appeared a darker red! I didn't study the next one to compare the fender with the inner fender. :whistle:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.