Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I used to really like the little Blazer when it came out in...84? It didn't age gracefully imo. I think you may really love the civility of the Escape compared to the Blazer. We had a 93 Explorer, and the difference is quite astonishing. I suppose that is why the Explorer and the TrailBlazer are on their last legs in the marketplace.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Blazer LOL no offense to those but they are a peice of crap. My brother in law still has one and hates it. Money pit and the thing I hate the most about his it if feels more like car. Also gas guzzler.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Blazer saw its fair share of repairs. That's the primary reason I was in the market for a new car. However, it was not a gas guzzler. It has a 4.3 liter V6 that puts out about 265 ft lbs of torque and gets at least 22 mpg on the highway (EPA of 18 mpg combined). That is the exact same mileage that the Ford Escape 3.0 liter V6 got when it was introduced 7 or 8 years later in 2001. In fact, I only got $3500 for my Blazer because the 2009 Escape only gets 3 mpg better.

To sum up, the 2009 Escape has an engine that is 1.3 liters smaller than the 1993 Blazer. Has about 40 lb-ft of torque less than the Blazer (less power). It's about 600 lbs lighter than the Blazer. It gets only 3 mpg more. You would think that fuel mileage would improve a bit more.

Nice new ride.
Thanks MikeyJ. I've enjoyed playing with the Sync most. I sent myself a Vehicle Health Report last night. There's nothing wrong with it, yet. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
nicker22 said:
Blazer LOL no offense to those but they are a peice of crap. My brother in law still has one and hates it. Money pit and the thing I hate the most about his it if feels more like car. Also gas guzzler.
Most of them are money pits...but they are handy! :doh:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
My sister had a Blazer like that years ago. She loved that thing but had to get rid of it and get something smaller and more reliable after her divorce. I was glad she got rid of it. I drove it a few times and couldn't believe the huge dead spot in the steering. It was tiring to drive because of all the corrections we had to make while moving...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i personally owned 3 blazers an 87 2.8L 2wd, an 89 4.3L 2wd, and a 91 4.3 4dr 4x4. in that order lol. i rolled the 89 and destroyed it at almost 400,000km. the 89 i beat up so bad driving it like a 4x4 (it was my favorite). and the 91 i redid the engine then sold it cause i decided to get my escape and the body was rotten.

long live the blazer!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
My blazer was 4X4 to death as well. strong frames, crap trannys but with a slight lift they were great. By the time my Escape becomes "Megascape" it will be so old Ill be okay to 4X4 the crap out of it :thumb: Or it will be one pretty AWD Pre-Runner wanna be :rockon:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
megascape said:
My blazer was 4X4 to death as well. strong frames, crap trannys but with a slight lift they were great. By the time my Escape becomes "Megascape" it will be so old Ill be okay to 4X4 the crap out of it :thumb: Or it will be one pretty AWD Pre-Runner wanna be :rockon:
:) ;) ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.