Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Today I recieved my cabin air filter. There's only one problem. When I went to install it, it didn't fit. I checked the part number on the filter and according to many websites, it's the correct part number. It's TYC 800037P. I am wondering if there is a different housing that can be purchased so that I can install the filter. The one that's in there now is a triangle shaped housing with a screen on one side.

My escape did not come with a factory installed filter.

Thanks
Don

[mod]Moved to Problems And Solutions[/mod]

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Ford modified the HVAC system around the 2007 model year to address an airflow issue, but it seems as if they forgot to update their parts catalogs. If you have a triangle/trapezoid opening, the filter you are looking for should be the 8L8Z-19N619-B, Motorcraft P/N FP-66.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframe ... =NT48-FP66

As an alternative, you can buy a piece of washable "lifetime" furnace filter material and cut it to fit your opening.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Hopefully the new part number works out. You might want to go to a physical retailer the first time, even if it is more expensive. That way you can easily return it without added shipping charges if it doesn't fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts