Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oil change guy (not the dealer) reported I needed a new cabin air filter on my '09 Escape with the 4 cylinder. My manual doesn't refer to this but I understand its under the cowling. Mine looks like one piece with 7 plastic fasteners. Is it really there and is it as radical as it looks to remove it? Thanks for replies and any other thoughts

·
Registered
138 Posts
It should be on the passenger side, you probably only need to take half of the cowl off. The only way that I know how to tell if the filter is going bad would be if you notice dust on the dash building up or stuff flying out of the vents... I had both, and to my surprise there was no filter in there to begin with. (common problem with earlier escapes)

Easy job though, just pop the screw covers off and remove the screws.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I changed all three today and took about 20 minutes. The one under the cowl is the hardest one to do, but not hard at all. You need to put your wipers in the most upright position. Once you do this, you will see 4 small circles and remove those covers and unscrew it. Under the hood will be plastic screws. Remove those and it will just pop off. About a 10 minute job roughly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.