Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been considering relocating my battery, and running a Focus CAI.
Here's what I'm working with:

And here's the Focus 2.3L:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/ ... 081239.jpg

And here's the intake I want:

I'm considering relocating the battery because I have heard that moving the battery out of the engine bay extends the life of the battery by not exposing it to extreme heat for extended periods of time. I think I would be pretty happy just swapping it around like the Focus, but who knows.
Does anyone think I'm going to run into any snags with doing this, or is it about as straightforward as it sounds?
I realise I'll need some semblance of a mount to hold the battery, but mounts are readily available from Jegs, as well as full battery relocation kits, with everything necessary to hide the battery away somewhere in the car.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Wow what a project :thumb: But where are you gonna put the battery? Its pretty cramp in there. Also you could make your own intake to fit your setup. Not hard and not a shabby rig up.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the custom CAI isn't such an issue, but I really want a more straight-through intake for reduced restriction. I'm considering the cargo area, but most likely, I'll just get an insulated battery box and move it to the stock Focus location.
I'd prefer for Bloo not to have to breathe through a crazy-straw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts