Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CAMARO > MUSTANG

haha my first car was an F-Body up until recently when I had to buy the escape because its safe in the winter and especially for my 6month old daughter. But I will ALWAYS love the CAMARO!!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
What year Camaro?
I've got a '74 Z28 that I'm restoring.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I gotta go with the Mustang....love em!

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I almost had a mustang when i was about 24 years old. Did not sign any paper work. There was an argument. My parents thought i was far too young ,for that type of high performance car. Have only vague memories of the heated discussion. My older brother carried on like a squawking pork chop.

He went something like : BLAH! BLAH! Are you one of these petrol heads? How are you going to afford it on your wages? Oh! Stop dreaming. Are you stupid or what? Now use your brain and be realistic! It is a V8. How are you going , to afford the higher registration and car insurance.

This mustang had a model designation of ' BOSS'. It was a hard top and i think it was a coupe. Might possibly have been a four door, but i just can not be certain of that. It would have been during 1977.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a 1986 Camaro, 1996 Camaro, then a 1997 Camaro. I wanted to get a 2010 Camaro, but with the kid and affordability at the moment I settled for the '05 Escape. But same day i'll def have a 69 Camaro SS :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
If I had a choice, it would be a toughy between the New Challenger,Camaro, or a Mustang GT 500

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
weebee said:
If I had a choice, it would be a toughy between the New Challenger,Camaro, or a Mustang GT 500
I love the new challenger too...but its not the topic of discussion :)

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
weebee said:
I love the new challenger too...but its not the topic of discussion :)
Spoil sport....OK, Mustang it is. :tease:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
With the bankrupt supplier frecas at GM, there might not be a Camaro for a bit longer. Has to go through bankruptcy court first. Not sounding like the Camaro will be going into production anytime soon.

I'd take a Mustang anyday over a Camaro. Why have a pretender, when you can have the real thing?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
For classics, it's Mustang all the way. My first car was a '65 Mustang that I had to share with my older brother (hand me down from Mom ... this was in 1970), then later, bro and I built and raced a 1966 Fastback 2+2 (as they were called back then, aroung 1973 or '74) that we put a 351CID Cleveland into (took a mighty big shoehorn to make that fit!). Ran the quarter in a nice 11-12 second bracket in good old Detroit Dragway.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Old, I liked them both, as long as we are talking up to 1970. Great heritage.
New: Styling goes to Mustang. Make mine a Shelby though
Power: Camaro. The LS engines are incredible for hot rodding potential.
Got to admit, they are both pretty cool.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm definitely voting for the Mustang, although I will admit that the new Camaro is pretty sharp (if it ever sees the road is another story). The 2010 GT500 is my favorite right now. 540 horsepower supercharged 5.4 :drool:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I want some BOING! mango!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys are comparing the top of the line Mustang with the basic model camaro for styling??? Give it a year or so and we'll see what the TOP DOG Camaro looks like. As for now you can only compare the Cobra to the SS to make it fair.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
At least the film producers chose a " MUSTANG ", for that classic movie by title of ' BULLITT '. OH YEAH! Go steve mcqueen and his mustang. I liked the chase scene, when he pursued the bad boys in san francisco, and then progressed onto the highway.

The sound of that motor. You could hear how powerful it was. He must have gone through some rubber on those tires. :) :lol: I am not being biased to camaro. But everyone knows ,that somehow the ' Mustang' was destined to become a legend. I have not forgotten that movie. It is only my opinion, but i reckon they chose a suitable actor in context of steve mcqueen.

As regards the mustang, i was impressed that they used that particular model. It just seemed to be the correct type of car for that style of movie. Their choice of actor, plus that mustang were just perfect for that film. :) :thumb:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mustang for KITT in Knight Rider is ridiculous! KITT was an F-Body car, I.E. Firebird. Since the Camaro is new and improved and ALSO an F-Body, it should of been used for the show. Plus the damn show is too cartoony if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
DarkScape said:
Mustang for KITT in Knight Rider is ridiculous! KITT was an F-Body car, I.E. Firebird. Since the Camaro is new and improved and ALSO an F-Body, it should of been used for the show. Plus the damn show is too cartoony if you ask me.
I hear you! Imho, they should have used the six cylinder Mustang and have it transmorgrify into the KITT/Shelby KR. As for the Firebird and Camaro, as of now (the show is cancelled), last year)when they were doing the series), or the year before when they did the pilot for the new TV show the Mustang was the only game in town and still is. The Challenger is just too big and too dumpy for the roll of KITT. :shrug: Not much to do if your a TV show producer, take whatever is available for the roll I suppose. I guess they could have dug up Marilyn Monroe, if you know what I mean. But she's dead too!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well, I HAD a 2005 Black on Black GT...Was likely the nicest overall car I've ever owned/driven. If I could afford to, I'd buy another one, either the 05-09, or wait for the 2010 (though I LOVE the Cervini's GT500 E/eleanor conversion kit for the 05's!). I'd perhaps look at getting a GT500, either in Graphite, or Black, and have ZERO stripes on it, and put alternate rims on it too, so that without a closer inspection, you'd think it was a stock GT or GT-CS.

I don't know if the new Camaro is ever going to make it to full production...the way things are going lately...

·
Registered
277 Posts
jonas1022 said:
I'd take a Mustang anyday over a Camaro. Why have a pretender, when you can have the real thing?
Hmmm... extending that argument further, why take the "pretender" Mustang when you can have the "real thing" Barracuda! ;)

To recap the history of both automobiles... the Barracuda was the "muscle car" version of the Plymouth Valiant while the Mustang was similarly derived from Ford's Falcon.

The Valiant made it to market days before the Falcon in the fall of 1959, and was widely considered to be the more radical, evolutionary design between the two.

The Barracuda similarly made it to market two weeks before the Mustang with the 1st April 1964 release of the Barracuda fastback.

Let the heated discussion continue.... :box:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts