Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Camel Leather Interior

919 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  dash8man 
#1 ·
Looking at a 2010 Sangria Red Escape Limited with Camel Leather interior. Anyone have any comments as to how the Camel colour wears? ie. gets and looks dirty, always have to clean? Cheers. :confused:

Bill.

#2 ·
So far so good here. We have an 08 Escape XLT with camel leather interior. It was purchased in June, 07 and looks as good as the day we bought it. Keeping it clean has not been a problem. We use Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Wipes about once a month. It is a cleaner and conditioner.

My husband took over driving the Escape in July, 09 when we purchased our 09 Mariner Hybrid. I am sure that he is a lot tougher on the interior than I am but it is still kept looking good and there are no stains that have not come out easily.

Our Mariner also has the camel leather and appears to be a better grade of leather than our Escape. It looks good as new as well.

I am the one that handles the cleaning of the vehicles the majority of the time. Detailing a vehicle is actually something that I enjoy. I tend to be very meticulous when it comes to cleaning a vehicle. Our vehicles are always looking good unless it is freezing cold outside ( No way I'm gonna freeze to wash a car. :lol: I just run it through the car wash. :D ) or the pollen takes over. :lol:

#3 ·
If I could I would have gotten the leather in my 08. As the cloth tan seats stain real easy. For now I am looking to get some KATSKIN leather seat cover, for that reason.

#4 ·
I had camel leathe in my 2010 Limited and the first thing I did was buy seat covers. The first week I bought the truck it was snowing and the dye from my black coat bled into the leather and I was pi$$ed. I took back to Ford and then sent me some cleaning/conditioning wipes. After searching the net I found similar stories. Having said this, if you can keep them clean, they look great and the leather (actually vinyl coated) is pretty good. I have 2 kids (teenaged years) and our new vehicles are now black leather to avoid the above from happening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.