Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, thought it was about time that I posted this.
Firstly, my car now (proudly?? :shrug: ) shows it's American origins with a set of genuine "ESCAPE" badges, purchased earlier this year off this very site.
The rear one has been placed in order to match in with how Ford UK badge their vehicles.

But, a more useful mod has been the addition of the dog's prison cage, a genuine Mazda Tribute item purchased from a lovely lady in Bedfordshire via eBay.co.uk.

Ok it only cost me £20.00, and involved a round trip of 400 miles to collect it, but it was still cheaper than buying one from my local Ford dealer (quoted me £168.00 PLUS VAT at 15% :shock: )

BTW, the dog HATES it, now he's relegated to the boot :calvin:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Looks great, Camus! Why did you want the Escape badge....just to be different over there or fit in over here? :D

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The idea behind the ESCAPE badge is to fit in with the rest of the Ford GB cars sold over here from 2003 onwards, which had the model name to the left, and varient to the right, E.G. Mondeo Edge, Focus Flight etc, plus ESCAPE seemed to fit in with the "outdoor exploring" theme that my car seems to beheading towards, with it's roofrack, dog guard, and hopefully soon a 4 cycle carrier mounted on the towing hitch.........

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Careful Camus, we'll all have to start calling you "Woodie" if you keep on your current outdoor transmorgrification... :calvin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts