Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)// Thought you might like to see the area around my other house. :)P
These pictures were taken last September, when we retreated there to recover from the sad death of our youngest son, Alex, whom was only 36 hours old.... :('

Passing through Glasgow at rush hour!!

Driving through Glen Coe

Our village

Our Scottish home

View from the front of the house

View from the top of the garden

Our local beach, at Morar

Our local train service, the Jacobite

The last 2 views shown our nearest town, Arisaig. (POP 88!!) Blink and you will miss it!!! :lol:

Britains shortest river, The Morar, complete with hydro electric power station that supplies our electricity

Glenfinnian Viaduct, where they film the train sequences for Harry Potter movies.

The last 3 pictures show the nearest town, Mallaig, POP 175!!! :lol:

This last picture was taken just 4 minutes before Alex died :(' :doh:
Many thanks for looking, Camusdarrach.
Still struggling to get the size of the picture correct :/:/ :doh: :doh:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
escape08xlt said:
Thank You for sharing those. So Very Very Sorry to hear about Alex.
:clap: :)// Thank you very much for that, the full story of Alex is posted on the "Patrick Swayze thread on the anything goes forum.

:(' :(' :(' :('

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
camusdarrach said:
escape08xlt said:
Thank You for sharing those. So Very Very Sorry to hear about Alex.
:clap: :)// Thank you very much for that, the full story of Alex is posted on the "Patrick Swayze thread on the anything goes forum.

:(' :(' :(' :('
Yes I have read about Alex and it deeply saddened me. I wish that there were some way to ease the pain that you and your wife must be dealing with. Please know that we are all here for you if you ever want to talk. They say that everything happens for a reason but I can't and never will be able to understand when things like this happen. Please know that Alex is still with you and will always be with you in your heart.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Thanks for sharing the BEAUTIFUL pictures of your home! Being of Scottish heritage, they are of particular interest.

The picture of little Alex is especially poignant and touching...

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Lovely pics!! I have to get to your part of the world!! :))
And yes, the one of lil Alex is very touching.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Excellent Pictures. :clap:

Sorry for your loss Champ, Ride the waves and keep an even keel. Things will turn in your favor soon.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Very nice pictures!! Also sorry to hear about your son... :(

Can I go stay at your Scottish home? :D :D It looks absolutely gorgeous there, very calm.

Thanks for sharing the pics :)^

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Phoenix24 said:
Very nice pictures!! Also sorry to hear about your son... :(

Can I go stay at your Scottish home? :D :D It looks absolutely gorgeous there, very calm.

Thanks for sharing the pics :)^
why, thank you.
It's lovely up there, and who knows, bookings may well be accepted!!! ;)
If anybody has a bit of free time, have a look at the website of our local newspaper there, it's an A4 sized paper that is issued once a month, and has some good articles showing life up there, and how the pace of life is so different to everywhere else!
http://www.road-to-the-isles.org.uk/westword/
it's well worth a glance, and I'm ready for the sarcastic comments!!! ;)

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Camus,

Those are wonderful pictures you posted. Thank you for sharing.

:))

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Looks very nice. When we were kids we'd go to my Aunt & Uncle's place pretty much every year for a holiday. They lived in a place called Lesmahagow (Not sure if that's spelt correctly). Which was South of Glasgow, the nearest town was Hamilton if I'm correct.

Always a bit of an adventure 'cos we'd always leave home (S.E.London) at about 2 a.m, and my Dad would get us up there by about 10/11 depending on wee breaks! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Thanks for sharing those pictures. I'm very sorry for your lose.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Those pictures are awesome. They remind of the movie Local Hero.

I'm so sorry about Alex, but you still have a wonderful family. Thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
Thanks for the great pics, Camus. There is no mystery like that of why we lose a child...my heart goes out to you and your family.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jpark said:

I'm so sorry about Alex, but you still have a wonderful family. Thanks for sharing.
Many thanks for your kind words, jpark, now, how can I put this, hmm....
:pB :doh: :)) :))
Yes, Our beach was used in "Local Hero", follow the link below, and my username will be explained!
http://www.scotlandthemovie.com/movies/camus.html
Whats suprising, though, is they could have made the entire film in one area, and have saved the trek to the other side of Scotland>>>> -\/- -\/- :)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MadMax said:
Thanks for the great pics, Camus. There is no mystery like that of why we lose a child...my heart goes out to you and your family.
Thank you, MadMax, I should have some new Scottish pictures on Sunday, as I,m going to Edinburgh for the day, taking a party of atheletes to the World Cross Country Campionship in Holyrood Park, so I will be at a loose end for about 8 hours, photomission therefore beconning!! :yahoo: :)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Big Chris said:
Looks very nice. When we were kids we'd go to my Aunt & Uncle's place pretty much every year for a holiday. They lived in a place called Lesmahagow (Not sure if that's spelt correctly). Which was South of Glasgow, the nearest town was Hamilton if I'm correct.

Always a bit of an adventure 'cos we'd always leave home (S.E.London) at about 2 a.m, and my Dad would get us up there by about 10/11 depending on wee breaks! :lol:
Thanks, BigChris, so you know Lesmahagow, quite a nice town, once spent the night there a few years back ( In my Arctic Truck driving days) when the old A74 become blocked with 6' of snow. :shock2:
Must admit, we always looked forward to reaching that town when we headed northwards up the A74, it was the real first sign of civilisation after many miles of barran, windswept moorland!! ;) :)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Do you know/Have you been to Cramond castle? I think we went there one year. It's near Edinburgh i believe (Or certainly on the east coast anyway)

I'm wondering if i can stake a claim as Crammond is my surname. :)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
camusdarrach said:
jpark said:

Many thanks for your kind words, jpark, now, how can I put this, hmm....
:pB :doh: :)) :))
Yes, Our beach was used in "Local Hero", follow the link below, and my username will be explained!
http://www.scotlandthemovie.com/movies/camus.html
Whats suprising, though, is they could have made the entire film in one area, and have saved the trek to the other side of Scotland>>>> -\/- -\/- :)
???!!!???

Wow...I'm literally shocked that this is the same area. And I thought it only reminded me of that movie (one of my favorite movies)!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts