Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 escape - I had my "mechanic" friend try to help me by adding a 2 new keys. we were able to do the 8 turn on the ignitions to program the fob portion but we kept having an issue with the PATS portion. We even used a fancy snap on scanner to try to add the new keys. I dont know what happened along the process, but now the old key wont even start the car. He was leaning towards a fault with the cluster/PATS. I have codes B1213 and B1600. Now the scanner is saying i have 0 keys installed and we cant start the car.

help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I admittedly have not worked with the PATS system myself, as I've not needed to so far. But have you consulted these resources on what you're attempting?

There is a portion in there talking about support. Hopefully this is helpful information for you.

EDIT: Also if you look in the pdf on that page. It lists each of those codes:
B1213/B10D8-00 Less than 2 (or 3 if equipped w/Valet key) keys programmed to the system​
B1600/B10D7-87 Non-PATS Key or damaged key.​

·
Registered
320 Posts
Sounds like the "mechanic" erased all keys and and now there's something wrong that the system cannot program keys back into the system.

Could be cheap/defective keys, could be a procedural error. If the keys were bought off ebay or amazon, I'd tend to blame them as they have a spotty history. Get genuine Ford or Stratec key blanks and eliminate the question mark.

It is mandatory (by the system) to have two unique non-defective AND compatible PATS keys in order to program them into the system once all keys are wiped from the memory. Clones from a hardware store are not unique, they're the same as original from which they were cloned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts