Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Whats wrong with your carpet? You should just get it steam cleaned that will get rid of any mold or mildew and any dirt. other than wear/burns/tears you should be able to save the carpet. If you really want to get down and dirty (or clean, lol) remove your carpet and then steam clean and treat it for mildew, then scotchguard it. and you carpet will look almost new. :thumb: If you need to you can remove the fibercore padding that the factory installs under the carpet. I own a flooring store and sell the same material for commercial carpet installations. So you should be able to pick up new and better quality padding 32-40oz weight Fiber/synthetic padding and cut it to size.

Your last option would be to get a new carpet from the dealer or from a U-pull-it salvage yard. The Salvage yard typically wont sell the carpet unless you remove all the seats and console to get at it because its a difficult job.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have been looking for an aftermarket replacement carpet for my 2005 Ford Escape and no one makes one. The only replacement carpet you can get is from Ford and its $400+...No Thanks! It really isn't that hard to remove the seats, trim and then the carpet. I actually have everything out of my car right now to clean it all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got an '04 Escape XLT. I hate carpet from the bottom of my heart... Winter, occasional mud, large dog loving every dirty aspect of the outdoors... I've been looking online all day to find a molded vinyl to replace what's already there.

I have contacted http://www.stockinteriors.com, they make vinyl flooring for the '08 model an dup. They can not help me with my '04.

Called local salvage yard, nothing.

There is large floor mats that i can cover the carpet with, but i prefer - by far - the simplicity of an all vinyl covering.

Any suggestions ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts