Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased 4 new lift coils for my 05 Ford Escape. My mechanic buddy seemed to back out of the job and I was wondering how difficult of an install this is. I'm pretty handy with tools and know I can get my hands on a coil compressor. Is it worth attempting or is this something recommended for a licensed mechanic. Anyone with prior experience with these kits, I would appreciate your feedback. If it's easy, any pointers/directions would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Not hard to do at all. All you NEED is SPRING COMPRESSOR, JACK, JACK STANDS, and APPROPRIATE TOOLS. The rest is just breaking down then building up. Like taking off the tire, removing ("unhook") shocks/struts, etc...

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I presume that with installing lift coils, front and back, all four dumpers are going to be replaced too with compatible ones.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey, I was interested in the results on this post. I was hoping to do the same with my 04 Tribute and was hoping to get 255's on it as well. Just curious.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pretty easy install. the rear was very simple, the front was a bit tricky. After an hour of fumbling around trying to disassemble the old struts I went to a buddies garage and he used his impact wrench. I ended up replacing the shocks and struts while everything was apart, it only made sense. Advanced Auto lends out spring compressors with a deposit and the rest can be done with pretty basic tools. BDS suspensions has install directions with pictures for their old kit in the archives on their website, this proved to be very helpful. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts