Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was looking into these for a little while and almost bought one. $150 was a little to much for me though right now. I ended up getting a canvas drop cloth (in the painting isle) at lowes for $5. It would be nice to have something fitted and fastened down. If you end up getting one, how about doing a product review after having it for a little bit. I'd be very interested in knowing how it works out for you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tang said:
$150 and you might as well buy it from the dealership
I've never seen anything from the dealership that will cover the backs of the seats. I throw my bike in the back and many supplies from trips to the hardware store, so I'm looking for something that will cover the whole cargo area with the seats folded down.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I suppose for the entire back, no, you are right, there is nothing the dealership or factory has.

·
Banned
105 Posts
We have one of those in our Escape. We also have 2 big, hairy dogs who ride in the back. We love having the Canvasback in there as it keeps the hair off the back of the seats and doesn't allow it down into the crevice between the seats and floor. Be warned though that the velcro that adheres the Canvasback to the back of the seats will pull the carpet fibers out when you're removing the Canvasback. Our seats are now completely covered with neoprene covers, so we don't have that issue.

In all, I'd say that the Canvasback is well worth the money. I wish it would have been cheaper, but it is a great product that fits really well and performs perfectly.

·
Banned
105 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the info! I went ahead and ordered one. Unfortunately, AutoAnything didn't have any black ones, so I purchased it through Amazon.com. Once it arrives, I'll write up a product review as suggested. The confirmation email mentions an estimated delivery of October 18th. Wow...hope it doesn't actually take THAT long!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Arrived and installed! :yahoo:

I'm very happy with this liner. Yes, it was pricey, but it fits my needs. FULL, one-piece protection! Plus, the alternative liners, which are in the style of the molded-trays, would look just a bit awkward atop the "false floor" I built, since it is slightly higher than stock. (See my other threads for more info on that mod.)

Here it is installed. You know, I could live without that freakin' duck logo... (Here it just looks like a white patch due to glare.)

And this is what it's overtop of. (Working our way down.)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey, I'm thinking of purchasing one of these for my '07. What are your thoughts on it now after having it for a few months? With all the crappy weather we've been getting in Canada I would like to get some protection for the back. I'd say I keep my seats down 90% of the time so finding a liner to cover the back of the seats is difficult as it seems you found out as well.

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
105 Posts
Ours is still going strong 6 months in. Still like the protection it gives and how well it covers everything. Only complaint is that it is not machine washable, but that's no deal breaker.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I've been very satisfied with it. No real complaints so far. As was previously pointed out, the velcro is so strong it rips out a few fibers upon removal. But I don't foresee frequent removal of mine. When you install it, just be gentle when positioning it, and then press down once you're satisfied. Mine doesn't fit QUITE perfectly due to the false floor I built but it still works great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.