Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems like in the US they have car shows every week. here in canada the only car shows are Importfest once a year and old school car shows.

i was wondering if anyone knew of any car shows either near toronto or maybe in the states, not to far of a drive (buffalo, Niagra etc). that i could enter my escape into? or ways of finding out about these car shows?

thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not sure about the areas you mentioned, But the Carlisle shows in Carlisle, Pa are a huge deal here in the north east, heck the whole east coast even. There is actually a couple of guys I know with F150s that come down from ontario each year for the Carlisle All Truck Nationals which is coming up in August. Also in early June (just past by a couple weeks) is the Carlisle All Ford Nationals. The shows are about 4-5 hours away from Niagra Falls.

For more info, check out

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/index.asp

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
:bump:

I came across this...

http://shows.seriouswheels.com/shows/events/index.php?com=location

Looks like there might be something up your way?

There is a local little group, maybe 2-3 dozen cars that gather at a Wells Fargo parking lot near the house every weekend or so. I never had the nerve to actually approach. :bag: 'course most of the time the we're in the midst of errands.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I have checked in the classified section of our newspaper. They usually have community events listed there, sometimes the local car clubs post an ad or two in the classifieds with the auto sales. I also do an online search if I want to do a club show to look and see. We also have something called the MidCities Christian Cruisers. They meet once a month for a car show at the local High School parking lot. It's a fund raiser for the local food bank, or something...

Plenty of events, just have to do some "legwork". :peace:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the reply's. i did alot of online searching and found a bunch of sites like the one posted that you choose a city and it tells you the upcopmming events. with these sites i have already found a bunch of car shows i am going to enter.
i will also look out for clasified ads i never thought of that, thanks.
appreciate the help

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
You might want to start off with local "Cruise Night" car shows. Most small towns around here have them weekly or monthly. I think there are at least three in my part of NH (Nashua area). They are usually sponsered by either a local car club, or an auto parts store (Pep Boys, Autozone, etc) and are usually held at a business parking lot that would benefit from the folks coming to see the free show. Around here they are held in Burger King or McDonalds lots (Dairy Queen??), one is at a small strip mall. If you don't have one in your area, maybe you get folks together to hold one? Put in ad in your local paper soliciting feedback from folks that might be interested, then see if you can get a business to let you have it in their parking lot. You might be surprised to find that their are many folks like yourself that have interesting vehicle or hae done interesting modifications and are looking for a venue to show them off.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Off road is right...Carlisle is like the G8 Summit of car shows......lots of attendance...I was there in 09,10 and twice in 11...Once with Ford once with Mopar..... Great outing....cars both new and old on display parts, hard to find parts, swap meets...vendors...and for the ladies a womans spa/oasis..... and even a kiddie playground with event staff supervision... almost 100 acres of display area. They have several during the year....GM..MOPAR...Ford..Import..Truck..Corvette...etc..

I am getting slightly away from E/C here but it is a great event to bring your Escape or other Ford product if available.

$40 to park showfield.....ALL THREE DAYS.....gauranteed parking with enough participation we can even set up a tent or have people bring items....food..coolers...grills....etc..... The reason I say start thinking about it now is hotels in the area go fast....You can probably bet that from about Wednesday evening until Sunday or even Monday the rooms will be booked solid.

The event is in June...still kind of hot but not as bad as July with the Mopar Nationals.

seriously think about it......Those of you local (within about 2-3 hours) should really think about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.