Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I've been browsing this forum for a few days and it looks like a great place.

I came here looking for some advice!

I just got my first car, a 2005 Mercury Mariner. I'm not totally sure but I'm pretty sure it's fairly similar to a ford escape / tribute.
I have tested multiple cd's through the system and I'm not liking the sound I'm getting from the speakers. It's pretty bad. I have searched the car and found only 4 speaker grills. I assume that means that's all I have. :D

My Questions Is is it possible for me to upgrade to some fairly inexpensive door panel speakers for it? If so can I run it through the stock amp? Can I do 1 pair at a time? Does any one have any input on the sound of a mercury mariner? I'm not looking for something ridiculous awesome just something better then stock.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
There is no stock amp other than the HU, which is ~12w per channel. so, go with efficient speakers if you are upgrading.

5x7 / 6x8 is what you need if you want to remain as stock as possible. Hundreds of brands out there, most are OK. Pioneer, Polk, Kenwood, Boston, Kicker, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts