Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the problem may be?

I push in the clutch, start the car, when i let out the clutch (into neutral, first or reverse) the car turns off. It doesn't stall like a normal stall. it just smoothly turns itself off but the electrical stays on.

I can get it into neutral if i let the clutch out super fast but there is a split second when I think it will turnoff then it goes back into a normal idle.

I can get it into first gear if i let the clutch out while revving the engine to a pretty high rpm. but it always ends up with me burning out.

After I'm moving in first, all gears work and there is no problem upshifting or downshifting. It only happens when i am at a stop.

My car is a 01 ford escape 5-speed V4 2.0L 70,000 miles w/new engine at 65,000 miles.

Also, I just put in a new CPP switch (Clutch Pedal Position).

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Mahalo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i believe the CPP is the Clutch Interlock Switch
This is the one i bought:
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s...-dot-0L/MISW5619.html?tlc=Engine+&+Drivetrain

Its weird because in my workshop manual it is called a CPP Clutch pedal position switch. The picture in the diagram looks exactly the same as a Clutch Interlock Switch.

There is another switch on the pedal that engages when the pedal is depressed. But i cant figure out the name of it. I even took it off and looked up every # on it with no luck. I will try the dealership tomorrow.

If it is not the interlock switch Is there another sensor that regulates whether the car should be on or not?

Mahalo!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts