Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a lot of people are converting the space where the jack is located in 2008+ E/M/Ts into audio-related storage. I practiced the spare tire removal routine (really weird, in my opinion, but it works) and tried to see how the spare tire fit in the trunk sans cargo area support plastic container thing and... other changes would need to be made to get the spare tire inside.

I was hoping to do a dual exhaust project while keeping the spare tire in the car, but I'll have to think of new ideas.

Anyone have any ideas (even if they aren't something you want to do) with what the space can be used for? No plans to run moonshine anytime, sorry. :lol:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I like the moonshine idea Tang! I've got a great recipe for it. I haven't figured out what to do with that space either. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
...hiding your petite girlfriend from your wife while driving to visit your mother in law!Just an idea.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SUVord said:
...hiding your petite girlfriend from your wife while driving to visit your mother in law!Just an idea.
hahaha!! Funny. Too bad I have neither girlfriend nor wife...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just want to make an area to store a few things. Still keep room for the jack, but I want to store jumper cables, a couple flares, some shop towels, and maybe a cheap rain poncho or something. Mostly though (and I'm not sure if it would be quite deep enough or not), but a place to keep the head rests when the seats are down. There's just no good room when you have a bunch of dirty stuff in the back to put the headrests.

It is something I would like to do, and may give it a shot over the winter. Some of the audio mods could very easily just be used for storage without the audio. I've been starting to look into materials and decide what would be the best to use, but still a ways off from actually attempting anything.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Tang said:
SUVord said:
hahaha!! Funny. Too bad I have neither girlfriend nor wife...
Smart Man!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts