Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i decided i wanted to do something custom to the interior and why not put some kind of big soft carpeting in it such as shag.

I was wondering what deminsions i would need to carpet the floor. does anyone know? (ex: 6'x12')

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Can't get out of the 70's, ay? LOL. :whistle: j/k

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
weebee said:
Can't get out of the 70's, ay? LOL. :whistle: j/k
im just bringin it back my friend ;]

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'd like to see pics of this when it's done :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
markhampete said:
haha, alright il send you some when i finish, would you know what color i should use or where i could find some?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
shag, for real? :cigar: In my opinion it's going to catch every piece of dirt, dust brush etc...Won't it be more difficult to clean?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
megascape said:
shag, for real? :cigar: In my opinion it's going to catch every piece of dirt, dust brush etc...Won't it be more difficult to clean?
but.... its shag. have you lost ALL hope for shag carpet?

·
Registered
99 Posts
AudioEscape03 said:
markhampete said:
haha, alright il send you some when i finish, would you know what color i should use or where i could find some?
I haven't seen one in years. I'm thinking the last remaining shag carpets were cut into small pieces, glued to a stick and sold as california dusters :lol:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think your best bet is to remove the factory carpet and measure that. Then use the factory carpet as a template for your new, totally groovy carpet. The carpet is not as big as you mentioned (6' x 12'). It's probably closer to 4' x 8'. Doing some measurements in the car will get you fairly close.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The J said:
I think your best bet is to remove the factory carpet and measure that. Then use the factory carpet as a template for your new, totally groovy carpet. The carpet is not as big as you mentioned (6' x 12'). It's probably closer to 4' x 8'. Doing some measurements in the car will get you fairly close.
I believe the real deminsions are about 5'x8' or 9' from the front of the carpet to the back row of seats and about 4'x5' in the cargo area. i was just using an example for what might be my overall numbers. but il take you advice and pull the carpet out and measure it up in the morning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts