Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6 CD changer is broken, furthermore I need an auxiliary input for the MP3 players.
I found on the web an auxiliary input adapter for about $80, otherwise I have to use a FM transmitter.
I believe the simplest solution is to replace the entire radio with an used one equipped with cassette player. In this way I can use a cassette adapter for having the auxiliary input.
Now, I am looking for a cheapest FORD radio equipped with cassette player 100% compatible with my 2005 Mercury Mariner.
I took a look at ebay, but I am not sure about the connector compatibility.
Does the part number F87F-19B132-AB fit my car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found an AM-FM radio with cassette player of a FORD Crown Victoria at a junk yard for 25 bucks.
It works fine. :thumb:

·
Registered
322 Posts
My 00 Expy vol is acting up, so I used that as an excuse to get a new unit. Went to Crutchfiled, used their vehicle compability search and selected a JVC HD radio unit on sale for $99, added a cheap acc and found a fatwallet coupon for $20 off $100. So $91 shipped for radio, wire adapters & spacer to cover my large hole to a single radio. It has an aux input on front, mp3cd, HD radio, & can add aux to back with acc sold sep including sat & blue tooth, says it also controls the sub. The bad reviews are there's no front panel preset buttons, so you have to learn how to use the menu to switch between presets.

I hope it's a trouble free swap, will let you know in a week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts