Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW what a machine. if you get a chance to drive a bike that has fuel injection, smooth shifting and amazing stability and handling DO IT. 280km today and what an amazing trip. (have done 1000km in 4 days)

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Never had a bike that nice. :shades:

I did start out with a Suzuki 185 Enduro. Moved on to a Honda 500 cc four, to a 550 four, to a 650 four with shaft drive, to a Yamaha XS750 triple and shaft drive.

The last one was a real cruiser. I could also take off the fairing, swap out the handle bars to shorties and have a canyon carver/cafe racer. I loved that last bike. It wasn't as smooth as the Hondas, but it sure had character power, torque and versatility. Something the Hondas were totally lacking.

Then, I got married... :taz: :roll:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WASH WAX CLAYBAR :party:

the fleet

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
too bad i have to eventually give it back. its not mine forever LoL. long story short a buddy lost his license so i got a free set of 2 wheels for the summer.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
They make more of them you know ;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jonas1022 said:
They make more of them you know ;)
YES.... BUT i also have a wife that said NO cause cruise at 200km.hr HAHA

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Storage Lockers are available too... :lightning:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I love having my bike...makes all the difference in the world. It gives me my need for speed that I don't get with the Escape. :lol:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what kind of bike do you have scott? and i know how you feel. i got done a ride, then took the escape out, i felt like i was driving e cement truck HAHA

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I have a 1999 Suzuki Katana 750:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Nice bikes guys. I wouldn't want a sport bike thought... I can't get comfortable on them and if I could I know I would get myself in trouble... but I would love to get me a nice cruiser. I had a Kawasaki Vulcan 750 from 1998 to 2006. It was a great bike for the 1st year and a half and then had all sorts of problems. By the end of it's time with me I had a difficult time giving it away. The best thing about that bike was it was quick for a cruiser and had a comfortable driving position. The worst things... the seat was only comfortable for 90 minutes and it rarely ran well after that 1st big problem...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my only complaint is that my throttle had goes numb after about 45 min., i have a bulged disk in my back and i find it way more comfortable to drive the CBR then my escape.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the katana 750 and interceptor 750 are on my list now lol. how do you find the riding position on the K? im thinking of buying something new next year, the list so far is, Kawi 900 vulcan custom, 750 interceptor, 750 katana, and the SV1000.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I find the bike to ride very comfortable. It pretty much drives itself most of the time. I have the same problem where my throttle hand goes numb but that is only if my girlfriend is riding on the back. She tends to put all of her weight on me which kills me!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
time to go and do my motorcycle test. to get my level2.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
RobtRoma said:
Nice bikes guys. I wouldn't want a sport bike thought... I can't get comfortable on them and if I could I know I would get myself in trouble... but I would love to get me a nice cruiser.
I'm with you. I can never get truly comfortable on a sport bike. I need to be more upright so that the slower speeds don't kill my hands. I also have long legs, and the knees just object to being bent for long periods of time.

I have looked at the V-Max a couple times and think that maybe where I am headed for when I get back on a scooter. :woohoo:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts