Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice on how to remove the rear panels to acsess the top nuts of the rear shocks.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
The panels are secured with clips, so the panel simply pops off of the inside rear body. Remove the cargo area cover and fold down the rear seats, then remove the weatherstrip from the liftgate area, the rear seat latch cover, and the rear scuff plate (the plate along the bottom of the door opening). Then grasp the entire rear panel at the bottom of the rear window and pull it toward the inside of the car.

This thread might help: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=397&p=6248#p6244

If possible, do this with an warm interior (and a warm work area), since the plastic parts will be less likely to crack.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi there

I'm looking to do the same thing on my 2005 escape xlt in aussie as well. just sent it for servicing and mechanic said rear suspension shocks are badly worn ( first car and I only had it for 6 months so can't really tell). anyway he quoted me 950 bucks for replacement (850 for two ford shocks, 100 for labour) he said he can't find any other shocks =(

where did you get your shocks from?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
$950 for replacing the two rear shocks?
The labour itself is no more than 40 minutes, including the cigarette brake and the two shocks are three times cheaper, at least, from the price they quoted.I would wave them good-bye and go some place else...running.

·
Registered
46 Posts
its shocking really. thats why i'm always paranoid about sending my cars for servicing here in Australia. kyb gr-2 rear shock in my local shops are 78.95 AUD EACH. do you know any good online store that delivers worldwide? I'm waiting on shipping cost on a few ebay sellers as well.

nostat - did you change the lower bushings as well? or just reused the old ones?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts