Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have access to Ostridge and fine aligator material. (high quality vinyl) I'm thinking of removing the door panel that is now the Dark Medium Flint color(charcoal)vinyl to match the leather seats, And covering them with a ostridge or fine aligator vinyl in a charcoal color to give the car a unique look. I just don't know if that would look too getto. There is also a ostridge print vinyl that has a charcoal with a silver metalic wash that would definatly accent the silver trim on the interior.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Can you post pics of the trim you are talking about and also pics of your car's interior?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ohh Ill have to take some photos tomorrow its the Two tone dark grey/light grey interior with silver trim peices.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Am I the only one who recoiled in horror when I saw the phrase "ostrich print vinyl" here?

I'm going to go ahead and say don't upholster your car with vinyl patterned after animals whose names you cannot spell. That's a rule of thumb I live by, and it has served me well.

:hyst:

·
Registered
7 Posts
jbartlett79 said:
....I'm going to go ahead and say don't upholster your car with vinyl patterned after animals whose names you cannot spell. That's a rule of thumb I live by, and it has served me well.
couldnt agree more, but Im also holding my judgement til pics of ostrich vinyl prints are posted.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
jbartlett79 said:
Am I the only one who recoiled in horror when I saw the phrase "ostrich print vinyl" here?

:hyst:
Animal prints are pretty popular right now. And you see real thing in boots, belts, purses, etc. Why not trim in cars?
Still waiting for those pics.......... :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Jonas, I thought you'd have a more open mind than that!! :taz: ;) :D

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Dasha said:
Jonas, I thought you'd have a more open mind than that!! :taz: ;) :D
Gotcha! ;) :blush: :whistle:

Seriously, do whatever you like. It's your car and your money, right? If you like it, and it's not hurting anyone else. Why not! :thumb: Disregard the earlier remark, I was just trolling Dasha through your thread... :angel:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Ostriches and alligators! Radical! Hello ajc6882. :) Best of luck with the trim ,you decide on be it alligator hide or ostrich. To me it should be an interesting effect. Anticipating the photos with enthusiasm. :) :thumb:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately the color that would work in my car is no longer made. Ohh and its fake leather not a picture of the bird on vinyl. It looks pretty cool in the charcoal metallic look. It would have worked great with the silver accents and the dark grey interior.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts