1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Very cool! Thanks for showing us. :rockon:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Been there, done that... 3x. First time in the NJ Pine Barrens, the second time was in eastern KY and the third time around Reading PA. Except for all the Escapes that died on the way home from PA, all the gatherings were lots of fun.

I wouldn't do anymore muddy or sandy offroading because I know the muddy stuff messes up alternators (PA) and I think my romp thru the sand (NJ) messed up suspension parts (under the soft stuff is a lot of hard bumpy stuff). No proof of the latter but I just don't want to risk it anymore...

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Sure... and make popcorn off of the mufflers and catalytic converters.. :D :popcorn:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stone said:
Thanks, for the video clip link goldash. :) :thumb:
Oh ,no problem!!
I say if you guys don't wanna go muddin' ,we should do an escape week just like the mustang week that's going on every year at Myrtle Beach!! :yahoo: :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
RobtRoma said:
Been there, done that... 3x. First time in the NJ Pine Barrens, the second time was in eastern KY and the third time around Reading PA. Except for all the Escapes that died on the way home from PA, all the gatherings were lots of fun.

I wouldn't do anymore muddy or sandy offroading because I know the muddy stuff messes up alternators (PA) and I think my romp thru the sand (NJ) messed up suspension parts (under the soft stuff is a lot of hard bumpy stuff). No proof of the latter but I just don't want to risk it anymore...
did you post stuff on youtube about that pa trip. 6 of em with mud in the alternators died?

edit:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I realy like the skid plates some of them have. I wonder where can i find a pair for my 03'? And i also like the 05-07 headlights with out the amber sidemarker.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
SilverSurfer said:
RobtRoma said:

did you post stuff on youtube about that pa trip. 6 of em with mud in the alternators died?

edit:

We went through it twice and yup... lots of dead alternators on the way home. Muddy water + Escape alternator = dead alternator 6 out of 8x.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
US MARINER 1 said:
Where in N.J. are these trails?
Those are not in NJ. They are in PA basically just north of the Yuengling Brewery in Pottsville. The only trails I know of in NJ are in the Pine Barrens. That was the location of the first FunRun I went on.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I find these videos interesting and intriguing.
I noticed no mud guards.The speed was also too high for normal Escapes.
On the V6 the alternator gets most of the bad staff by whatever ricochets from the wall behind the tires.Some times you may save the alternator by hosing it with high pressure.
Already I have gone through three alternators.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Pine barrens are a good time. The NNJSCCA runs a TSD rally thru the barrens in november.
Too bad Paragon closed - I would like to have made a run up there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts