Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- was chatin with a group of guys today when one of them started to tell us about his truck shopping, he got us going on all the options chevy has, and since he bought a ford we were all confused until he mentioned the heated tailgates on the new silverados, you know so your hands wont get cold when you push it

·
Registered
443 Posts
ah very true wont buy chevy unless its a vette.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
2008_xltduratec said:
- was chatin with a group of guys today when one of them started to tell us about his truck shopping, he got us going on all the options chevy has, and since he bought a ford we were all confused until he mentioned the heated tailgates on the new silverados, you know so your hands wont get cold when you push it
This is the best truck idea that GM could come up with?

So, let me get this straight: When Ford equips tailgates with a step and an assist handle (a really good idea, BTW), GM puts out an ad with Howie Long calling it a (supposedly effeminate) "man step", but a heated tailgate is for "manly men"? Really?

Your hands will get cold?

:lol:

And, with GM's track record of poor reliability and Rube-Goldberg designs, how long will that work before it burns or electrocutes someone, or it rusts and falls off of the tailgate on an expressway, smashing through someone's windshield (like the flag in the Allstate "mayhem" ads)?

Howie Long must be wondering how and why he got himself into this. My guess is that he'll finally quit when GM tries to stuff him into an Aveo and make him laugh at a Fiesta.

:lol:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wouldn't have a government motors car if you paid me to take it. GM should quit wasting money on stupid crap like onstar and start making decent cars, then they wouldn't need to ask for a hand out. As far as I am concerned they stole my money out of the treasury and are still going down the same road that led them to the brink of bankruptcy in the first place, overpriced junk cars that nobody wants to buy. They should have been told to sink or swim, but do it on your own. I fail to see why I should have to pay for their screwups, if I start a business and screw up no one will bail me out, why should I have to bail out GM and half of wall street. If they go under and there is a demand someone else will take their place thats the way a free market works. Ford did just fine without a handout. :rant:

·
Registered
700 Posts
American outdoorsman said:
I wouldn't have a government motors car if you paid me to take it. GM should quit wasting money on stupid crap like onstar and start making decent cars, then they wouldn't need to ask for a hand out. As far as I am concerned they stole my money out of the treasury and are still going down the same road that led them to the brink of bankruptcy in the first place, overpriced junk cars that nobody wants to buy. They should have been told to sink or swim, but do it on your own. I fail to see why I should have to pay for their screwups, if I start a business and screw up no one will bail me out, why should I have to bail out GM and half of wall street. If they go under and there is a demand someone else will take their place thats the way a free market works. Ford did just fine without a handout. :rant:
+1
Amen
:kneel:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts