Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:yahoo: :thumb: :woohoo: :drool: :happy: :party: Could not resist it, and visited my local harvey norman store. They just happened to have the qosmio X305 in stock. I went there directly after work. In context of those three video cards, i have made an error. Sorry about that. I will be renting the Qosmio. It is currently at home because i am learning how to use vista.

My local rep informed me that the SLI video qosmio, appears to be for the american market. Also that solid state drive is for your shores. Do not know why, but my lappy as per the australian market has only one video card. This does not bother me. At least it has a reasonable specification. So all the other specs for my notebook are the usual. Cpu is 2.53 ghz. The card is a Nvidea 9800 M GTX with 1gb of video memory.

It also appears the aussie qosmios, will not have that solid state drive with flash technology. My qosmio has a secondary 5400 rpm hard drive for general data storage. The primary hard disk is a 7200 rpm which the gaming is set up on. The system memory is 4gb. I got nagged very mildly but the cook has calmed down by now. I purchased the ' Crysis' game, and will experiment time permitting.

Have been listening to a few music tracks on it. There are four speakers and the sound for a laptop is impressive. The gaming notebook , is factory pre-installed with Windows Vista Ultimate. I did not have to enter a registration key, but it went through the initial set up procedure. My observation ,was the system install appeared to be quite a long time. Vista is currently on 32 bit. Have noticed that it gives a choice of 64 bit as a preference. No factory recovery disk is supplied. Toshiba have a software program, which enables you to make a recovery install disk with a blank dvd disk.

Factory standard accessories are an FM tuner antenna for the laptop radio. It plugs into a jack socket. The other gadget is a little remote control. :) :D So henceforth the new Qosmio, is a christmas gift to myself. There are lots of port connections. The usb ports have a secondary function. Other devices are plugged in and the lappy charges them up. Very nifty! Wi-Fi and bluetooth are standard on it. Have not configured my notebook for the internet as yet. The gesture control function is not on this model. My guess is that the american model has that feature.

I do not use a password. It has the finger print security device. You can also use face recognition as a passcode via the web cam. :)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
thats cool. i hope you have more luck with yoru toshiba then i have. im waiting for a call back for the info on how to get a refund on the $60 i had to pay to get it repaired when it was three weeks old (i just got it back last night). or i tolled toshiba if i didnt get my money back that i would box up the PC and send it back. its currently untouched from repair and im waiting for the phone call.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts