Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 009 Escape XLT. I like the chrome bumper insert on the Limited edition. Anyone know if it is just attached to the bumper or do you have to replace the whole bumper? Also, where could I get one? Thanks.

·
Registered
420 Posts
maybe this will help... no dimensions but it looks like the chrome insert is interchangeable... maybe?

click view image and it will show all the front end parts... the xlt only shows painted insert..

this is 2009 limited
http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/Catal ... LH7viyyDAr

...btw, this ^^^ site is great for searchin for factory parts and part #'s

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
soju59 said:
I have an 009 Escape XLT. I like the chrome bumper insert on the Limited edition. Anyone know if it is just attached to the bumper or do you have to replace the whole bumper? Also, where could I get one? Thanks.
You will need a new bumper. The chrome trim is actually attached with clips to the bumper. and when you remove it, it looks kinda tacky. If you look at a Limited bumper sans chrome, you can tell that something is missing. The XLT/XLS bumpers are designed differently.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tang said:
soju59 said:
You will need a new bumper. The chrome trim is actually attached with clips to the bumper. and when you remove it, it looks kinda tacky. If you look at a Limited bumper sans chrome, you can tell that something is missing. The XLT/XLS bumpers are designed differently.
According to the website above, both inserts are the same part number you just choose chrome or body color. Kinda pricey though. Chrome is $300+.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts