Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to buy a Ford Escape Limited 2008 with the chrome package. I occasionally will find a Limited without the chrome package and I was wondering if someone had the part numbers so I could see how much it would cost to add. Anyone added this themselves and know what I would be getting into?

The chrome package has the 2 part front grille/bumper, chrome liftgate handle and chrome roof rails.

Thanks, Bill

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
If you are planning on getting them from the dealer, ...your wallet and bank account are about to get a lot lighter. But I will buy those painted pieces from you!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
You might try the sites online, like ebay, LMR (Late Model Restoration), or the like. I don't know that you will find what your looking for, but it couldn't hurt to do some searches. In all honesty, there isn't a tremendous amount of aftermarket parts available for the Escape or it's breathern.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have checked a number of sites. I have been able to find a replacement chrome grille (the top part) but not the bottom part that wraps the bumper. And no luck on the chrome rails and liftgate handle.

I was hoping someone had a Ford part number for the package that I could search that way for.

I am trying to avoid the dealer option. You know this was only a 200.00 dollar option and for the replacement grille alone is about that much once you get it shipped to you.

I will certainly put the replaced parts up for sale if I end up going this route.

Bill

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I saw one floating around eBay not too long ago... worth checking again

Also, if you wait long enough, one of the admins who are the All-Knowledgable Gurus of Escape City might be able to provide a number.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, new to the site. I was hoping as well to add the chrome package to my 08 xlt. Did you ever find it or find a price?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Bill, if it helps, I've just secured a body-color grille for cheap, and if I install it and deem the chrome one no-longer-needed, I will forward you the chrome one if you want it... for a price, of course. =)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help.

I ended up buying a 08 Escape Limited with the Chrome Package so I did not have to do the install myself.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts