Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As reported on-line:

Talks between the Treasury Department and lenders aimed at keeping Chrysler LLC out of bankruptcy broke down Wednesday, making it all but certain the car maker will file for Chapter 11 protection Thursday, The Wall Street Journal reported late Wednesday, citing people familiar with the discussions. Administration officials, who have been braced for a Chrysler bankruptcy filing for weeks, say all the pieces are in place to get the country's third-largest employer through the court quickly, perhaps in a matter of weeks, the report said.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
prowler said:
HybridArchitect said:
Chrysler talks collapse, bankruptcy imminent[/i]
What are you worried about, losing dealer support for your Valiant?
Definitely.... :lol:

The last time I pulled into a Chrysler dealership was about 25 years ago when I was tracking down some brake parts. Big mistake -- they looked at me like I was from another planet and I drove to my local NAPA outlet to get what I needed.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Sad really. :( :( :( :(

Walter Chrysler didn't start the company to be a failure. But they seem to have bungled it pretty badly the past ten years. Oh wait! :doh: Chrysler hasn't really existed the past ten years. It's been a German company that sold out a large stake in what they totalled out like a spoiled teenager with his first car! :cuss: :censor:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
And yet, before that, they were the most profitable company (per unit) in the world. Way to go, Daimler. Way to go. :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts