Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3000 + people will lose their job and plant closing all over :cry: , their products
looks the same to me with different name plate ..name the cars at the bottom.
Yes they are all different models jeep has right now !! :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts

+

=

new cop car? :drool: :drool:

Although the Ferrari/Maserati V8 that's supposed to be available with the 169 would probably do just as well. :thumb:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Time to resurrect the Valiant... mate the leaning tower of power (AKA slant six) into a full hybrid configuration with plug-in capabilities and watch the masses line-up at the dealership.

Then announce the all-electric Barracuda model (AKA Tesla-killer) and call out SWAT to control the rioting at the show rooms.

:thumb:

·
Registered
256 Posts
HybridArchitect said:
Time to resurrect the Valiant... mate the leaning tower of power (AKA slant six) into a full hybrid configuration with plug-in capabilities and watch the masses line-up at the dealership.

Then announce the all-electric Barracuda model (AKA Tesla-killer) and call out SWAT to control the rioting at the show rooms.

:thumb:
i SHOULD have some comment to all of that, but, for once,

I'M SPEECHLESS!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I have a soft spot for Chrysler. I had two Daytonas ('86 2.5L 5-speed, and a '93 ES 3.0L V6 5-speed) and a '97 V6 Stratus ES (2.5L V6 with an AutoStick). All three of them were trouble-free and a blast to drive.

I miss my '93 Daytona more than any car I've ever owned. Someone in the upper Midwest is still driving it. It has over 250,000 miles on it.

:cuss:

I'm still looking for a '92 or '93 Daytona IROC 5-speed V6 or an IROC R/T Turbo in some kind of decent condition. No luck so far...

A fully-loaded 5-speed Jeep Patriot and a Dodge Avenger R/T AWD were two of about a dozen cars that I was considering before I bought my Edge. And the Dodge Journey would have easily made my list if it had been available 18 months ago.

Oh, and I do think (hope?) that Chrysler will make it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, the Commander, Liberty (new model), and Patriot all look very similar. But what you can't tell from your pictures is that they are all different sizes. The Commander is the biggest (same size as my 4Runner), the Liberty is quite a bit smaller, and the Patriot is relatively tiny.

The rumor going around is that this will be the last year of the Commander because it seems to be competing for sales with the Jeep Grand Cherokee.

As much as the Jeep purists seem to hate the Patriot & Compass, I think it was a good move as far as sales are concerned, considering the economy and the uncertainty of future gas prices. Those vehicles are far from true offroad vehicles, but they do serve their purpose well. I think the Patriot would be evenly matched with an Escape in an offroad environment.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
No matter what a Jeep is a Jeep. Thay are rough ridding and the seats are like sitting on an apple creat Besides GM is still asking for more money than they are

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
jpark said:
I'm still looking for a '92 or '93 Daytona IROC 5-speed V6 or an IROC R/T Turbo in some kind of decent condition. No luck so far...
There's a '92 IROC R/T on eBay Motors right now... Looks OK in the pics. Only 59,000 miles There is a small ding on one of the quarter panels. Private seller though...

Click Here to see it... Good luck finding one :)

As for Chrysler... I think they will make it in one form or another but I really think they need to downsize. I don't have any kind of soft spot for them. My only experience with them was a 1987 Plymouth Horizon that was great for the first 2 years until I had an stalling issue. The mechanic's couldn't figure it out. They all thought it was the carb but it turned out to be something electrical. Meanwhile they all destroyed the carb making the car very difficult to deal with until that was replaced as well. That took over 2 years to sort out and 6 months after it was finally fixed, the steering went all wonky on me... I was so happy the day I traded it in for my Honda...

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Thanks for the link. I saw that one (I look at Auto Trader and eBay several times each week). With all of the engine work done on that one, it's no longer stock (and I always wonder how well the work was done when I see so many aftermarket parts), but I still want to ask the seller about it.

With only a few thousand of those models manufactured in the last two years of Daytona production, I probably need to lower my expectations.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I didn't have time to read thru the description before. I'm a little surprised someone would do that much work to such a rare car. I'd be worried about the aftermarket work too... I wonder if he did it because he had to or because he wanted to. If he had to, how hard was he driving that thing before? Hmmm...

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Exactly. While the K platform wasn't technically sophisticated, it could last for 500,000 miles with decent maintenance. But most Daytonas were driven hard, and with only around 400,000 made in the Daytona's 1984-1993 model run, finding one that was well-maintained (and not thrashed/trashed) isn't easy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
JIMMYJOHN said:
No matter what a Jeep is a Jeep. Thay are rough ridding and the seats are like sitting on an apple creat Besides GM is still asking for more money than they are
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you've never ridden in a Commander. It's nothing at all like the Wrangler in terms of ride comfort/seating. It's actually quite comfortable to sit in and has an excellent ride quality.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
read this carefully. i wouldnt look at this car unless it was a really really good price. under 25,000mi on head...... head gasket replaced 500mi ago. something is wrong.

* Engine runs without problems
* Under 25,000 miles on the Head, Cams, Rocker Arms, Timing belt tensioner, and Timing belt idler pulley
* Head is a DUNN casting with no cracks and has aluminum collant plugs installed
* New aftermarket lifters were installed less than 3,000 miles ago
* The bottom end is all stock with the exception of forged JE pistons
* Less than 500 miles ago, I installed a new, stock clutch and at that time I replaced the head gasket, timing belt, oil pan gasket, cam seals, and front and rear main seals. At that time, I also replaced the output shaft seals in the transmission.
* Air conditioning needs to be recharged

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
It appears GM will be retrenching a lot of people. This also includes, the australian division of GM which is HOLDEN. MITSUBISHI who used to be in adelaide no longer exist. The holden plant in elizabeth is having a very rough patch. If the american GM bosses see the " HOLDEN " elizabeth factory as running at a loss, i can picture that eventually the elizabeth plant will be shut down.

This is why the bosses in japan, decided to shut down the adelaide Mitsubishi car factory. MITSUBISHI was operating at a loss. The very low sales figures influenced their decision. The working hours have been severely reduced, for the elizabeth HOLDEN employees. We have a glut of holdens ,that the car yards are struggling to sell.

I am only reading between the lines. Somehow i can not see ,the elizabeth plant existing for a long time. It could be that in future, the american bosses might shut down the elizabeth factory. Holden in adelaide is experiencing mitsubishi problems. An over supply of cars with severely low sales figures.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
CrashNburn said:
read this carefully. i wouldnt look at this car unless it was a really really good price. under 25,000mi on head...... head gasket replaced 500mi ago. something is wrong.

* Engine runs without problems
* Under 25,000 miles on the Head, Cams, Rocker Arms, Timing belt tensioner, and Timing belt idler pulley
* Head is a DUNN casting with no cracks and has aluminum collant plugs installed
* New aftermarket lifters were installed less than 3,000 miles ago
* The bottom end is all stock with the exception of forged JE pistons
* Less than 500 miles ago, I installed a new, stock clutch and at that time I replaced the head gasket, timing belt, oil pan gasket, cam seals, and front and rear main seals. At that time, I also replaced the output shaft seals in the transmission.
* Air conditioning needs to be recharged
That's exactly why I passed on this one. It's one thing to beat on a car, but it's another to ignore simple maintenance like oil changes and coolant inspection.

And if the head gasket blew, it's a good bet that the car was regularly beaten.

·
Registered
261 Posts
That's exactly why I passed on this one. It's one thing to beat on a car, but it's another to ignore simple maintenance like oil changes and coolant inspection.

And if the head gasket blew, it's a good bet that the car was regularly beaten.
Driven like it was stolen :lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.