Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 2006 Escape XLT AWD... Just wondering if I was to change out my cluster if my actual miles would transfer over to the new cluster. I really dont want to get in trouble by not having the actual miles on it

·
Registered
82 Posts
I did this with an 02 mustang....some cleaner got on the lens permanently clouding it in those spots and I ended up getting a whole cluster off ebay cheaper then the lens itself. I also had white faces on at the time I had grown tired of with all the dawn/dusk driving, so figured I would just swap the whole cluster and go back to black without messing with needles and stuff again. Also noticed the same setup on my F150 when I had the dash all tore down to tap into the extra wires needed for aftermarket nav radios. Anyhow, The actual odometer in the cluster (the digital types anyhow) is attached just with a couple screws and a small electric harness that plugs into the mainboard of the cluster. Very easy to swap out. I took the odometer from my cluster in the mustang and swapped it with the one from the ebay cluster before installing it, and all carried over fine. Should be the same for the escape as well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
TopElimn8r said:
I think the milage is saved in the vehicle processor. I could be mistaken on this though. It may be easiest to call a local dealer and ask.
I think it may be there as well since the odometer cable doesnt turn the odometer directly....the guage cluster is 100% electric, but I dont know that it will carry over to a different odometer. The actual digital type was very easy to swap over so I just did it that way instead of chancing reading miles from the new used cluster or throwing some sort of fault for a mismatch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts