·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
iBookmaster said:
Good find. What I'd like to know is what is wholesale price and market price?
Basically... Wholesale is Dealer Cost and Market Price is what the vehicle is actually selling for (including incentives and dealer discounts)... So according to the article, you can get the Escape well below dealer cost right now.

Kinda makes me want to go car shopping...

·
Registered
15 Posts
We just bought a white 09 Escape brand new from our local dealer for 19,900. It's my companion's Escape, a XLT with sun, sync and leather, FWD, 4 cylinder. We bought it with a D-Plan. D-Plan is when a relative is an employee of Ford and they can issue 2 D-Plan numbers per year for special pricing. My companion's brother is a finance manager for another local Ford dealer. The dealer he works for only had 2 new Escapes and they were blue and red. My lady wanted white or silver so we went to the next local dealer who actually had some selection. The salesman from the next local lot told us about the D-Plan and to contact her brother to get a number. Her brother had a few 08s that were program Escapes with 12-20,000 miles on them. He told us to take the offer from the other dealer because he thought it was a good deal. Strange huh?

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Congrats Bookmaster.

I see the Flex is on there too. It's growing on me. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
iBookmaster said:
We just bought a white 09 Escape brand new from our local dealer for 19,900. It's my companion's Escape, a XLT with sun, sync and leather, FWD, 4 cylinder. We bought it with a D-Plan. D-Plan is when a relative is an employee of Ford and they can issue 2 D-Plan numbers per year for special pricing. My companion's brother is a finance manager for another local Ford dealer. The dealer he works for only had 2 new Escapes and they were blue and red. My lady wanted white or silver so we went to the next local dealer who actually had some selection. The salesman from the next local lot told us about the D-Plan and to contact her brother to get a number. Her brother had a few 08s that were program Escapes with 12-20,000 miles on them. He told us to take the offer from the other dealer because he thought it was a good deal. Strange huh?
The dealer is not required to honor the D-Plan. Maybe his employer isn't taking any D-Plans. :shrug:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Jonas,

Maybe his dealer isn't doing D-Plans. The salesman we bought from knows the brother of my companion real well and he was the one that told us about it. He told my lady to contact her brother (who is the finance manager at the other dealer) to get D-Plan numbers we would get about 900.00 better price. He said each employer is allowed 2 D-Plan numbers for relatives per year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.