Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you that live in colder parts please help me answer this...

I've been told by many passengers that their feet are always getting cold while travelling at highway speeds. I sat in the passenger seat once and felt a cold draft coming through. Does anyone know where this could be coming from?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Yup. Mine had a slight draft through the inside door handle on all four doors. That's actually common in just about every car I've been in lately, including a 2009 Accord.

And I thought that this thread would be about beer.

:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to disappoint!

·
Registered
390 Posts
At least now I know where to keep my in transit beer. :frozen:
Probably unrelated but my neighbor has a newer Taurus and had a similar problem driver side. He found carpet and padding were blocking the floor vent.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
At least it didn't have FREE in front of it.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Maybe a leak in the blower motor housing?

Or do you not have the temperature setting all the way to hot? At highway speeds you get a "ram air" effect down the cowl, which forces air through your HVAC system. Since the intake is on the passenger side, you could be forcing more air through the vents than the passenger side, and the passenger temperature becomes cooler due to more air volume bypassing the heater core.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Squishy said:
Maybe a leak in the blower motor housing?

Or do you not have the temperature setting all the way to hot? At highway speeds you get a "ram air" effect down the cowl, which forces air through your HVAC system. Since the intake is on the passenger side, you could be forcing more air through the vents than the passenger side, and the passenger temperature becomes cooler due to more air volume bypassing the heater core.
That makes a lot of sense....is there any tests that I can do to try and rule this out?

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
If you turn the temperature control all the way to hot, the blend door should route all the air through the heater core. It makes sense to me that the cold draft should disappear at full hot.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
jpark said:
And I thought that this thread would be about beer.

Me too!!!
:beer:

Oh, I've heard that cold drafts are felt when spirits are around. :taz:

;)

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Squishy said:
No, that's draught you damn Yanks. :bang:
creek...crick...same thing

:bill:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Center/centre, color/colour, authorize/authorise...

Out/oooot

:bang:

Ouch.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Squishy will kill me. I'm already on his **** list for leaving out his guest appearance character on Family Guy.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
jpark said:
Center/centre, color/colour, authorize/authorise...

Out/oooot

:bang:

Ouch.
Squishy is one of my favorite/favourite peeps here!
:D

·
Registered
781 Posts
Surfscape said:
Squishy said:
Are Canadians allowed to say Yanks? Big Chris, please clarify?
According to this, they are.

An early use of the term outside the United States was in the creation of Sam Slick, the "Yankee Clockmaker", in a column in a newspaper in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, in 1835. The character was a plain-talking U.S. citizen who served to poke fun at American and Nova Scotian customs of that era, while trying to urge the old-fashioned Canadians to be as clever and hard-working as the Yankees.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Surfscape said:
Squishy said:
Are Canadians allowed to say Yanks? Big Chris, please clarify?
You can call your next door neighbours what you want, but to us you are all Yanks, of some description, the only difference is wether you have a gun, or a bow and arrow :lol: ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts