Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Surging when cold. Anyone have any issue with this? I am very light on the throttle. Better for mpg. Until the temp needle is up to the center I get surging while accelerating. I have a stock 2022 SE 1.5L Eco-boost with no hybrid elements.

I've made certain I'm not tapping my foot to keep time with the music on the radio. It's as if the first xx% of throttle pedal does nothing and at point Y it starts actually working and I apparently am on that razor thin line between X and Y so it's on/off/on/off/on/off until it warms up fully and the razor line moves closer to the zero pedal pressure resting point.

Not really sure how else to describe/explain it. I've only got 99 miles so far. I'm hoping it's some "break-in" thing and goes away. If not, I guess I'll be making a trip to the dealer in a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/2009 Limited Hybrid/1978 F-250 Custom
539 Posts
Surging when cold. Anyone have any issue with this? I am very light on the throttle. Better for mpg. Until the temp needle is up to the center I get surging while accelerating. I have a stock 2022 SE 1.5L Eco-boost with no hybrid elements.

I've made certain I'm not tapping my foot to keep time with the music on the radio. It's as if the first xx% of throttle pedal does nothing and at point Y it starts actually working and I apparently am on that razor thin line between X and Y so it's on/off/on/off/on/off until it warms up fully and the razor line moves closer to the zero pedal pressure resting point.

Not really sure how else to describe/explain it. I've only got 99 miles so far. I'm hoping it's some "break-in" thing and goes away. If not, I guess I'll be making a trip to the dealer in a few weeks.
Your issue does not sound break in related.I would go to the dealer ASAP, try to document your issue with a recording, video, or something.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked NHTSA but nothing there. It seemed a little less pronounced when we went shopping this morning. Maybe the second person? Maybe the extra miles worn in on the tires? Maybe the aliens bored of messing with me and moved on to someone else? We'll see.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello. I just purchased a 2022 SEL 1.5L as yours with just a bit over 200 miles and seem to be having a similar scenario as you. I am curious to hear how yours turns out.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/2009 Limited Hybrid/1978 F-250 Custom
539 Posts
Hello. I just purchased a 2022 SEL 1.5L as yours with just a bit over 200 miles and seem to be having a similar scenario as you. I am curious to hear how yours turns out.
Welcome to the city Floyd
If it is break in related, it may just be giving your car a few minutes to warm up in the morning before you takeoff and drive?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts