Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
It is personal preference.

I am partial to silver, because of different factors.

Safe colour, during summer or winter.

I do not wash car every week.

About, once per month is my average.

##

So henceforth it seems to stay, or look clean for a longer period.

Aesthetics.

Just have to love how silver, is enhanced by dark tint windows.

Everyone has different eyes.

"Beauty, is in the eye of the beholder."

Other colour cars appeal to people, for different reasons.

I do respect, another persons preference.

##

My original stone masoning trade, has left its influence upon me.

So this is why i see the world, differently from other individuals.

Anyway the main objective, is what colour your heart,plus mind falls in love with.

My apology if that sounds unusual.

~~~

Well that is basically , how the colour of " Little Tonka :heart: " escape was chosen. :) :shades: ;) :yes:

The heart symbol , indicates my escape is a " She " :heart: AAAAAW! :blush: :blush:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm also partial to silver :)

- Don't need to wash'n'scrub it all the time (I'm also lazy when it comes to car washing)
- Reflects the sun so car isn't blistering hot when parked in the sun (my previous car was black... NEVER again!)
- I think it looks nice :thumb:

Of course it doesn't have the pizzaz of colours like fire engine red or british racing green, but hey...

Pat

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
I don't like silver. It's too common around here. It seems like 1/2 the cars are silver. Probably because it is easy to care for. I do like the dark gray...

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I've always been partial to the Electric Blue Tributes and Escapes, like Yodman (although I'd prefer it in Limited trim, without the black bumpers):

Silver is also a sharp color on them, but the best just might be Norsea Blue
|
|
|
V

·
Registered
148 Posts
Black Pearl Slate, looks black from a distance, but up close it's more bluish dark gray, I also like the Blue but my other car is aqua blue so I wanted to go in a different direction.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i light my midnight metallic blue, but silver and white and black and blue are my favorite vehicle colors. i also really love the GM lime green i painted my 1970 suzuki T500 motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
For trucks like the Escape: White is right, red isn't bad, and black is a PITA to keep clean. Silver on a truck? Fahgetaboutit!

For cars? DHG of course! :peace:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I've seen some Yellow ones (first gen?) that look great! And the new yellow lifeguard ones...(whistle... ...) nice! :thumb:

I like our red.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I went with the Black on the 2009 Mariner. I thought the Satin chrome highlights and Rear Euro style taillights popped out more.

·
Registered
277 Posts
For me the choice was already made... if you were going to purchase the first Hybrid version of the Escape to be sold be Ford, then it had to be "GREEN"

My wife wasn't so sure, but it just felt right and we have since realised it was definitely the choice for that model.

My only gripe -- Ford should have limited the green colour to ONLY the Hybrid model!

:thumb:

Now... when it comes to cars, I think we can all agree that TURQUOISE is the only way to go.

:rockon:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.