Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

would you be able to help me out on my Ford Escape 2003 XLS? The Cargo Lamp switch is missing when I purchased it from the previous owner. If it's possible, I'd like to make an alternative switch just to have it set to "Door" (or how it lights on when doors are open) if not, should I just buy a replacement Cargo Lamp set?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Which one? the in-between the driver/passenger one on roof or the rear above the back door , only the switch is gone or the whole light (roof one) just leaving wires there .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which one? the in-between the driver/passenger one on roof or the rear above the back door , only the switch is gone or the whole light (roof one) just leaving wires there .
the one on the rear just before the backdoor. I’ve tested it working when I tried to stick the end of my scissors. it’s just that, I don’t know an alternative to leave it lighting whenever I open the doors. i don’t necessarily need a switch if I get it to open automatically.
Automotive lighting Wood Shade Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Automotive exterior Bumper Tints and shades Automotive tire Vehicle

Finger Gadget Rectangle Beige Cable

Hood Automotive lighting Wood Shade Grille

·
Premium Member
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/2009 Limited Hybrid/1978 F-250 Custom
534 Posts
Looks like you can move the switch with your needle nose, or maybe a small precision screwdriver.(never mind, I see you were just hitting contacts with the big pair of scissors-lol)
you could stick a piece of metal in there permanently.
there are only a couple of options. On with doors/on/off - on with doors/off
I would go hit a junkyard if you can't wedge a paper clip in there somewhere, everything you need will probably be less than 10 bucks.

you could also just buy a $2 toggle switch, and shortwire it in for a manual on/off right there. I would switch to an LED bulb just in case you ever forget and leave it on.

Reactions: ajreluya

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
there is a guy on eBay that has one for $30
that may not do you any good in the Philippines. I had to look up your flag.

Reactions: ajreluya

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like you can move the switch with your needle nose, or maybe a small precision screwdriver.(never mind, I see you were just hitting contacts with the big pair of scissors-lol)
you could stick a piece of metal in there permanently.
there are only a couple of options. On with doors/on/off - on with doors/off
I would go hit a junkyard if you can't wedge a paper clip in there somewhere, everything you need will probably be less than 10 bucks.

you could also just buy a $2 toggle switch, and shortwire it in for a manual on/off right there. I would switch to an LED bulb just in case you ever forget and leave it on.
Actually I think I’ll try the paper clips tomorrow. See if it works. I‘ll give you an update as soon as I set it to “doors“ and working well.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Actually I think I’ll try the paper clips tomorrow. See if it works. I‘ll give you an update as soon as I set it to “doors“ and working well.
make it springy, so it stay in there.
I think if the light is on while the door is open, you're golden.

when you close the door, it should go off after a short delay usually.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys! Gotta give it to ya, the paper clip works. Just gotta move the missing switch’s position going inside to toggle the “Door” function or “lights when open”.
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Material property Wood Mesh Ceiling Rectangle

Rectangle Wood Composite material Gas Metal

thanks for all the inputs! drive safe fordies

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
My girlfriend thinks I'm stupid…lol
I am going to show her this post!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts