Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Consolidated War Wagon build thread.

92K views 244 replies 44 participants last post by  Meatloafmountain 
#1 ·
I have the grill guard and the taillight covers installed. The rear bumper guard would normally require removing the hitch receiver (something I found only after calling the company after getting ready to put it on). It's a shame, since without my receiver it would be a one man job in about ten minutes. I did find a local shop in Little Rock willing to weld on some brackets so the rear bumper guard can use existing receiver hardware instead of requiring that I remove the support for the back bumper. I'll have those pics up once they're on.

Until then, I can at least show off the grill guard.

#Blackhorse Grille Guard

See less See more
#2 ·
:thumb:

#4 ·
I bought off of carid.com. With the exception of one item (a pintle hook) what they claim will fit my '12 has been spot on.

The instructions for every Blackhorse product I've bought have been squirrely, though. Like mentioning this item will only fit an '08-'10 or some other garbage, but I haven't had problems other than the rear bumper guard.

#5 ·
That looks really good! :thumb:

#8 ·
Here's the other pictures I promised. More of the grill guard:

RestingSword said:
I just installed the steel craft rear bumper guard with my hitch.it must depend on the hitch and guard. What hitch do you have on?
1 1/2 inch. It's not the 2.

This is where Blackhorse had their installation holes set and where the hitch receiver interfered with them. As I stated earlier, without the hitch receiver this would have been a ten minute, one man job.

Brackets that were welded on to take advantage of hitch receiver hardware.

#Blackhorse Grille Guard
#Blackhorse Taillight Guards
#Blackhorse Rear Bumper Guard

#9 ·
RestingSword said:
I just installed the steel craft rear bumper guard with my hitch.it must depend on the hitch and guard. What hitch do you have on?
Just a his pictures show, it seems to interfere with the factory hitch. However im sure this would work flawlessly with many aftermarket hitches.

Nice install! I like it! :thumb:

#10 ·
While I don't get to use the hitch with the rear bumper guard, all I have to do is take off four bolts to mount or tow something. Sure, it took a bit more time and money, but I get to have the guard AND the hitch at the end of the day.

#11 ·
Looks great! How was it installing the brush guard? Take long?...CIB i think is the best accessory you got Hooah

#13 ·
12 ESCAPE said:
Looks great! How was it installing the brush guard? Take long?...CIB i think is the best accessory you got Hooah
The front guard was a real PITA. Taking off the shrouds/splash covers and the front air dam (or whatever it's called) took longer than we expected it to. They've cleverly (annoyingly?) integrated into the front bumper so it became a reverse tetris puzzle.

Actually starting the guard installation made it go by much faster. There were a couple of times we had to become ninjas, like installing the bolt plates on the "shelf" where the front license plate is and installing the threaded nuts, but it wasn't too bad. Expect a decent chunk of your afternoon.

#14 ·

#15 ·
does these seat covers come in pair or just as single.

it doesn't say when I look at their website.

Btw it does look really great !

#16 ·
#17 ·
The front seat covers come as a pair, something I didn't know when I ordered them. Thankfully, they called and asked if I was sure if I wanted two sets of front seat covers.

#18 ·
Thanks for your quick reply, I might buy them for my 01 in Camo pattern.

#19 ·
No problem. What you see here are the waterproof ones. Another step to weather proof/protect the car interior. I know, from living in Alaska for years, that simply walking out to your car in the middle of winter leaves you covered in snow.

#21 ·
Jeff88 said:
Your E is really coming together! Do you have the WTs in the back seat as well?

You gotta spill the beans... what do the cords lead to? iPod? Phone?
#Weathertech Rear Floor Mat

Yup! I do have Weathertec's for the rear as well. Here's a picture of it before the seat covers:

As for the cords, nothing special. A Garmin GPS, an iPod and my iPhone :p.

#23 ·
Pay no attention to the shenanigans at the front driver's seat or the mess on the passenger's seat.

#Automotive Innovations - Saddleman - Front Seat Covers
#Weathertech Front Floor Mats

#25 ·
I'll take another picture of it, but it's not completely covered. The seat covers have a section that will open if the airbag engages. I should have it up tomorrow to show you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.