Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Consolidated War Wagon build thread.

92K views 244 replies 44 participants last post by  Meatloafmountain 
Your E is coming together so nicely, the black & white thing works well. :thumb:

Now I've got to ask 'cause I've never seen one on an E the strut tower bar :shrug: :? What's it's purpose?

tang said:
MadMax said:
Now I've got to ask 'cause I've never seen one on an E the strut tower bar :shrug: :? What's it's purpose?
Reducing body flex for handling. Typically found in cars are meant to turn often, so I imagine in an Escape you would sense a little more stiffness in the front. Maybe not. The lack of threading would make me nervous too...

How's the clearance for the brake fluid reservoir?
Thanks, does it make a big difference in handling dynamics?

Where did you find one, there doesn't appear to be much out there for strut tower bars for the 08-12 Es?

:? I don't see cracks. What I see looks to be completely shattered, but that can't be right :shrug:

That link to the discussion on the fans A/C trouble is very helpful to those with that issue :thumb:

Good job :thumb: I'm also glad to see your E has a new friend, in a complimentary contrasting color no less

You could even play this on weekends...

Does it make a big difference in the sound levels? It seems like a good idea because Es are notoriously noisy, but an awful lot of work if it only makes a little difference

Interesting, but I'm not sure what advantages the Reflectix is in your intake box, can you elaborate?

Escape94 said:
MadMax said:
Huh, what? What happened? :shrug:
That damage was done by a fence so I sent him a spare tribute tail light I had. He's also adding a N/B rack to his gen 2. I'm looking forward to that :popcorn:
That's one mean fence to do that kind of damage :roll: :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.