Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
221 - 240 of 245 Posts
Discussion starter · #221 ·
It's not pretty, but it holds. We ran tests...which consisted of slightly intoxicated dudes trying to rip the handles out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #222 ·
I finally figured out what to do with all the damn MOLLE gear the helos gave me.

Visor organizer.

Discussion starter · #223 ·
I feel bad for all you lesser Escapes without a NB Roof Rack.

Or taillight guards.

Discussion starter · #226 ·
The install is covered by pictures in this thread.

Discussion starter · #228 ·
Just a couple of handles used for boat ropes.

Just got a NB rack for my 2012 and plan to install it pretty soon, but was wondering what your permanent solution to relocating the Sirius radio puck ended up being. Also do you have to relocate it because it interfered with the NB rack, or could I get away with leaving it alone? Thanks!

Discussion starter · #230 ·
I'll take a pic next time I'm up there.

Discussion starter · #231 ·
I think I'll turn the hitch ball around (like I have it now) so the trailer will sit higher.

Curved down, like normal, will make the trailer awkward.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #233 ·
Stop me and say hi sometime :party:

Discussion starter · #234 ·
The trailer sits pretty level.

Discussion starter · #235 ·
Almost ready.

Discussion starter · #238 ·
Got new lights put in.

LEDs for the fogs.
Rigid lightbar.
HIDs for headlights.
Rear LED reverse lights.

Discussion starter · #239 ·
I hope everyone had a great Father's Day! We had beautiful weather where I live.

I took the time to get after a project I've been meaning to do for awhile - make the Escape better at towing.

Obviously these vehicles aren't the best on the market for that, but if its what you have, it's what you have.

My Escape pulls a 6x12 trailer I use for appliances (I own rentals) and 4 wheelers; its towed a small R-Pod (within the limits of tow/tongue weight) and other things.

Even with H&R springs, there's still some sag at the rear even if the trailer doesn't approach the tongue weight limit. I found a kit by Airlift designed for the Escape, and installed it.

The jounce and jounce plate were a bit harder to get off than I thought, but in the end it was a simple install.

When I hook back up to a trailer, I'll let you know the difference. Anyway, if you have the idea of doing it or wondered about it, I'd be glad to help.

Sent from my SM-G889A using Tapatalk

I hope everyone had a great Father's Day! We had beautiful weather where I live.

I took the time to get after a project I've been meaning to do for awhile - make the Escape better at towing.

Obviously these vehicles aren't the best on the market for that, but if its what you have, it's what you have.

My Escape pulls a 6x12 trailer I use for appliances (I own rentals) and 4 wheelers; its towed a small R-Pod (within the limits of tow/tongue weight) and other things.

Even with H&R springs, there's still some sag at the rear even if the trailer doesn't approach the tongue weight limit. I found a kit by Airlift designed for the Escape, and installed it.

The jounce and jounce plate were a bit harder to get off than I thought, but in the end it was a simple install.

When I hook back up to a trailer, I'll let you know the difference. Anyway, if you have the idea of doing it or wondered about it, I'd be glad to help.

Sent from my SM-G889A using Tapatalk
Just wanted to say thanks for doing such a complete write up on your build… it was a beautiful 70° here as well ( :

have you looked to see if there are airbag levelers for towing with these vehicles? It's hard to beat them if they are.

221 - 240 of 245 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.