Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
161 - 180 of 245 Posts
Discussion starter · #161 ·
Krohn said:
Will the Konis fit as a direct replacement or will you have to modify?
They're a direct fit. It's a huge wait time to get them from anywhere.

KONI shocks and and HR springs in the rear.

Discussion starter · #162 ·
Spot weld on the Gibson exhaust. The shop and I talked about how much damage I do to this poor system (2 or 3 repairs in one summer) so we agreed to weld two sections.

Discussion starter · #164 ·
Beautifully.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #165 ·
Time to replace the Gibson.

Discussion starter · #166 ·
Now with more truck! And less clearance.

Discussion starter · #167 ·
Gibson exhaust installed. Stock and Magnaflow carried in boxes. So begins the journey.

Discussion starter · #168 ·
Gibson : sounds like a scrappy brawler.

Mag: gentleman duelist

Discussion starter · #169 ·
I now see why the Magnaflow instructions said "cut". Unfortunately, the Magnaflow seems like it was supposed to use the first two components of the first picture.

Via the second, third, and fourth pictures, you can clearly see the mounted Gibson front bits that (incidentally) line up with the Magnaflow back bits.

Pictures five, six, and seven show what is now left of the Gibson outside of what is still on my Escape. There are spot welds and missing / broken hardware.

The last picture shows the Gibson in and on the Magnaflow box, which is bigger than the Gibson box.

So what does it sound like?

Discussion starter · #171 ·
If you're not turning around to look at your car as you walk away, you're driving the wrong thing.

Discussion starter · #173 ·
Discussion starter · #175 ·
Last sentence. If Bob, as in Bobistheoilguy is right...why even have a K&N unless it's for sound?

In fact, based on this, I may go with a NAPA filter as it shows more filtration.

My V6 makes more than enough power to not need a debatable 0.14% airflow, and the terrain I actually use it for, I'd rather have filtration.

Discussion starter · #176 ·
Decided to put down some insulation.

First, sound. Local product. Didn't even use adhesive, as this is a trial run.

Waterproof, and will fit under Weathertec mats.

Discussion starter · #178 ·
For being completely "ad hoc", it's not doing bad. Road / highway drone is now almost non-existant, though at low gears / high RPMs, it's still blaring.

I read on an insulation web site that the best way to fight sound / heat is to stop it before it ever gets to you. I could always tear up the carpet and put it down that way...but I didn't want to do that much work.

Does it make a big difference in the sound levels? It seems like a good idea because Es are notoriously noisy, but an awful lot of work if it only makes a little difference

Discussion starter · #180 ·
Drone at sustained MPH is reduced almost to zero. Low gear, high RPMs still floods the cabin, but I'd probably have to do way more work to fight that battle.

161 - 180 of 245 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.