Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all..I'm new :)
Just waiting on delivery of my new escape and have been reading all I can before I get it. These posts are a wealth of information!
The vehicle my salesperson found came with a few options that I didn't ask for..namely the sync system, which looks like it'll take some reading..and the 'convenience package' which includes an electrochromic rearview mirror and message centre...I've been trying to search to see what the heck these are? Did the 'outside temperature' come in that package?
Jackie in Ontario, Canada.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don't know what the message center will tell you, but an electrochromatic mirror is one that automatically darkens when bright lights hit it. This helps prevent lights come cars behind you blinding you while driving.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The message center works in the dash and shows MPG, two tripometers, oil life monitor, gauge of 1 through 4 showing mileage from good to bad and resets for all. Its handy, but not a must have. You'll like the SYNC. What model, 2 or 4 wd, etc did you get?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info ...I think I'm going to like this message centre :)
I haven't got it yet, it's been ordered from another dealership and I'm waiting..I hope the deal doesn't fall through..I'm so excited !
It's spec'd out as 09 Escape XLT 3.0L AWD, Black Pearl Slate/Charcoal interior, Canadian Winter Package (leather), Convenience Package and remote start. We couldn't find one with tow package so the dealer will have outside supplier add that.
I've been pricing out mud flaps, cargo liner and bug deflector ..researching here what others have added to theirs :)
Thanks for the info - I'm printing out the sync manual at the moment...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sounds great! I love the v6 too. The SYNC is nice and I'm not a techie junkie. For now I just use it for my cell phone and when the wife and I take trips we use it with her ipod. From what I've read here we're both smart getting the leather as some say the cloth stains easily even from just water. I also got the remote start and glad to have it on a car again. Great on the hot days and cold days! Def. put up pics in the pics forum when you get it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.