Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'd like to convert my XLT to the SAP look. The following are the INTERIOR parts I'd expect to change out:

• Gloss black interior panels
    Charcoal black interior environment
    Chrome interior trim door handles, air vent trim rings and shifter knob insert

I'd like to use this thread to source these INTERIOR parts, both from Ford and aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Like posted on your exterior thread. Sell this one, and buy a SAP Escape. Or get a Tribute and buy the blacked out wheels and spoiler. Interior and most exterior parts are the same as the SAP Escape. :shades:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually have all those pieces already. Right now I'm searching for the trim for the center AC vents/info display.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Nice work... let me know when you do, because I'm having a hard time keeping myself off the eBay site for those two pieces... locataing the top piece would probably do it for me and I'll be about $100 lighter

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, the top piece is probably going to be the hardest to find. Fortunately the trim around the stereo is easy to find because so many people install aftermarket equipment and discard the trim. Door trim is hard to find, but I got lucky and found an entire center console and interior door panels on eBay. Now if I can just find the top/center piece I should have almost a complete trim replacement.

The bottom center piece, where the USB and AUX input are located can probably be stained black. It's really recessed and dark down there, so if I stain it I think it will be unnoticeable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ophiruchus said:
I want to do an interior swap, but you might be in more luck than I am since I'm a (poor) college student:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT
or
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT

and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

so all you need is the piece that goes around the display center
Hey guys, I'm thinking about bidding on that third item, the piano black stereo piece:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

If I do win this bid, I want to take the 6 disc changer and put it in my Escape that doesn't have one right now. Would it be relatively plug and play to install JUST the changer in my Escape but keep the rest the same?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Yo, hold it. I'm the bidder on that right now! haha.

I called a dealership and they said each radio is programmed to each car, a.k.a. you can't swap them around. (I want the black trim piece.) I'm willing to be that there is a reprogramming process that they just don't want to tell me about. If you want to try it out, you're more than welcome to; if you want to pay for shipping for the radio, I'll mail it to you for free and you can try it out. I just want the trim piece.

My understanding is also this: 1cd goes with the standard stereo; 6cd goes with the Audiophile package which includes a port/wiring for the subwoofer

·
Registered
58 Posts
Whoops, sorry. I misunderstood what you meant in your earlier post! I will avoid sniping you...

Let me know if you win. I would definitely be interested in the radio/changer portion.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Nah, it's my fault... I said I was poor, but I couldn't resist myself... so I started bidding. I'll PM you when/if I win, because that radio is all yours once I separate it from the trim piece!

Peace!

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Hey KC5ZRQ, how much did all your trim pieces run you?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So far I'm up to $300. I'm still lacking the top center trim around the info display and a/c vents and the bottom center trim, which I might opt to stain black.

Problem is shipping costs, because I've had to buy some of the trim pieces with what they were attached to. Door panels, stereo and entire center console, for example, and that increased the price of shipping. Hopefully when I'm done, I'll be able to resell a few of the parts and recoup some of my investment.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Nice. I don't think I am going to bother with anything not in the middle... I secured the lower center console (cupholder part) in mint condition for $45 with shipping off eBay (it came today, actually) and was able to get someone on eBay to separate the radio from the radio trim and take the trim for $105 with shipping (by far the most expensive piece) (originally $205 with the radio, which I don't need, attached). It should be here by the end of the week, since the seller so kindly promised to send it packaged in priority mail. I think I am going to buy the vent piece from the dealership because I cannot find it anywhere.

Where did you secure your pieces from, since it sounds like you got all the door trim too?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where did you secure your pieces from, since it sounds like you got all the door trim too?
Everything has come from eBay.

I'm not in a hurry to change these out. I'll wait til I find what I need at the price I want to pay. I've been surprised at how easily everything swaps out. I haven't had to use tools for anything. Just pry loose and pull gently to remove a piece. Press firmly to lock a piece in place.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
originally $205 with the radio, which I don't need, attached
Arrgh! I think you should have waited on the trim around the radio. It seems to me that is the part that shows up on eBay the most because people often replace their stock stereo. I got a whole radio, with all the parts you see attached to the center trim for $100 + shipping.

I don't need that radio, or the A/C controls, including heated seat buttons. So if someone wants to make me an offer...

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I was told that the radios are unswappable/incompatible if you attempt a switch, and I missed an earlier attempt to get a center piece because I was outbid.

... just to sort out the confusion, I got the center piece for $100

Also, those door pieces look really nice... wish there were some on eBay

Don't you need a screwdriver to start removing the lower center piece towards the rear of the piece? I thought you did

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
KC5ZRQ, how did you get the Sync module out and have you attempted the center air vents yet?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't plan to remove the sync module. The vents above the center stack is easy to remove. Pry it gently away, then pull straight out. There are two retention springs holding it to the dash and once they start to release, it comes right off. DON'T pull too far. The passenger airbag light has a wire going to it. I haven't tried to unplug that yet. You'd need small fingers. Perhaps some needle nose pliers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.