Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the cheap mod of the day. $10 worth of chrome half round with 3M tape already applied to the back from any local auto parts store and about 15 mins to apply. The chome strip defines the cladding and makes a more finished appearence IMHO. Remember to clean the area with alcohol to get any wax of the sticking surface!!!

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I hate the look of naked head rest posts. Seems unfinished to me, so I took two sets of BMX bike grips and cut them 2/3s and 1/3. The long piece for the fronts and the shorties for the back seats. Much better look and you can choose height, colors and patterns to your liking.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Way to think outside of the box!! :beer:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
So what's todays? :doh:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Surfscape said:
Excuse me, am I the only one with (cheap a$$) good ideas. Ok tomorrow I'll show yah the great cup holder mat trick!!! with pics.
:woohoo:

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found that the center console needed something. My local office Depot had an organizer that fit perfectly into the area. Now I can find those pens and flashlights without looking!!!

Ever wonder what that thing is on the lid? It's a tissue holder!!!

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The cup holder trick.

I thought the cup holder could use some bling so I found these non-slip mats and cut them into a circle for the bottom of each holder. Looks good and adds a soft base for any cup. Also If you have cans or cups that slop around in the larger sized holders, I cut a koozy in half and it fits tight in the upper holder area and holds smaller cans and cups nice and tight. No movement on those tight corners!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I like how you "think outside the bun"!
I especially like the center console organizer idea. :clap:
I hope you used double-sided tape or velcro for the organizer! :worry:

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't have picture for this one as my cross bars are married to my Yakima rack now... but visualize...

Take your rear roof rack cross bar off the track and reverse it so the back is facing forward. Then re-install on the rack and slide the forward one back to the end of the track to butt up against the rear one.

It looks like a rear spoiler without any cost. Real cheap mod.

___________/i\_ <<<< - Like this
/

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:clap:

It probably cuts down on interior wind noise, too.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Are you being serious JP?

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think he is. That front bar sitting over your head does generate noise at speed and if you moved it aft it would likely reduce your noise level. That way you can "feel" your stereo better too!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Surfscape said:
I think he is. That front bar sitting over your head does generate noise at speed and if you moved it aft it would likely reduce your noise level. That way you can "feel" your stereo better too!
:yahoo:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Yes, for once, I was. LOL

My brother-in-law noticed that bar's wind noise when they first took their Escape home in 2000, moved it back, and I've never heard him complain about it again.

:D

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I read this posting last month. And for the noise reason alone, the Tribbie we got I made sure it did NOT have the roof rack. :party:

Thank you!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts