Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone....my 06 MMH with 128000 miles has a weird color to the coolant. Its almost like a orange tint to it and not completely yellow. One coolant container has yellow correct looking fluid and the other has the orange tint. The one with the orange tint is the one in the back (behind other).......when looking at engine from the front of car. Can someone tell me what this coolant container cools? and also if you think there is something wrong. thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
NOTE: The addition of Cooling System Stop Leak Pellets VC-6 or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSS-M99B37-B6 darkens Motorcraft Premium Gold Engine Coolant from yellow to golden tan.

i just read that in the service manual....

if i drain the cooling system and fill with new coolant do you think it will leak again if in fact there was a leak to begine with? or should i just leave well enough alone

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Excuse me asking but if we are talking about the Degas coolant container I think there is only one, not two.
If you have a leak, changing the fluid is not a remedy.
Finding and fixing the leak is necessary because air gets in the coolling system causing the engine to operate at higher temperatures and the coolling fans to work more often.

·
Registered
758 Posts
mijohnst said:
thank u billy .....ill be u someone changed out the MECP and put in generic coolant....agree?
How long have you had the vehicle? If you just purchased this vehicle, go back and see if you can obtain a service history from where you bought it. If not, go to the Ford owners site, input your VIN in an attempt to see what the service history is listed. You can also purchase or borrow an anti-freeze tester to find out whether the anti-freeze is still good. The OEM fluid was for 5 years or 100,000 miles if I remember correctly. The MECP is sometimes referred to as "MECS Pump".

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
billy, what is this service history finder ur talking about. are you saying i can see what service has already been done to the car on the ford website. the only thing i have found is that when i registered on mercury owner .com is that they tell you what service should be performed next.......id love to be able to get my hands on what service has already been done. thanks

·
Registered
758 Posts
http://www.flmowner.com/servlet/Content ... e/HomePage

Try the above link for the owners site that allows you to track the service history of the vehicle-assuming it was done at a Ford dealership. You will need to register and input your VIN. Below is part of the site I am referring to.

Enroll to receive exclusive benefits
Track Your Service History
Schedule Service Appointments
Receive Maintenance Updates
Take Advantage of Special Offers

Carfax may also provide service information on your vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.