Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this may have already been answered and I am an idiot but anyways I was looking at getting so new eyes for my baby and found some I like but it says they fit the 05-07. Do you thing they could fit the 04 too or should I just find something else and save myself the headache? Thanks in advance! :thumb:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Eye carumba!! :D

Anyway, I have a Haynes manual for the 01-07 Escapes/Tributes and just checked it. There are no special instructions for replacing the bulb in one generation or the other, so I assume that means that the housings are at least similar. Unfortunately, the manual doesn't give any bulb type info. Looking online, it seems like the 01-04 Escapes use a #9003 socket and 05-07 use an H11 socket, so I don't think the lights you found will work. Of course, I could be very wrong here, so I'll let someone correct me on this.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Squishy said:
They're called eyes now??

:wall:
Eye didn't know that either.

:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
It would bolt on, but you need to rewire your headlight circuit as the '05-'07 housing uses separate bulbs for low and high beam, where the '01-'04 housings use a dual filament bulb.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
:lol: I know what he means. Eyes for my baby. AWWW! :heart: :heart: That tells me he loves his escape. I feel the same way about my car. When i look at car grilles, they are perceived as faces. The headlights are eyes. The grill on my escape is the mouth and lips. So henceforth i regard ' My Little Tonka' as having a smile. :) :shades: Also maybe, i see the escape engine bonnet as her nose.

Hello Dreamer87. I am tuned in to your wavelength. It is pleasing ,to hear that you care about your car. My perception ,is that it would be your pride and joy. You have the right attitude there. :) :thumb: :happy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts