Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Cousins Hubby's New Toy

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  GreatEscape2004 
#1 ·
Thought you guys would appreciate seeing my cousins hubby's newest toy.

Technically, it is a Chevrolet-based Street Rod Custom. The fiberglass body is based on a 1923 Ford Model T but there is nothing Ford about it. It has a Small Block Chevy engine with about 550 HP. Believe it or not, the rear tires are street legal because they really have some tread.

See less See more
#3 ·
that is so cool. i want one!!! or 2 or 3...... :thumb: :thumb:

#5 ·
NICE TOY! Want one!

Oh wait, that's another thread. :doh:

A buddy of mine built one from scratch back in the 80s. He bought a used a turbo 2.3L "Pinto" engine. That thing flew down the road! Yahoo! Sounded unhot roddy. Know what I mean? :shrug:

He later found a used Buick turbo 3.8L V-6 and plugged that into the little rod. Still didn't sound right. :shrug:

And progressively went larger to a true 351 cid Cleveland V-8. Now that car sounded right with that big Ford V-8 in it! Geez! It could go!

He had to get some serious tires for the last two engines. I have no idea whatever happened to that car. It too was a fiberglass kit. ;)

#6 ·
Thanks for the photos cbramsey. That is an impressive hot rod. :) :thumb: We have a few enthusiasts in adelaide. They are rare sightings. I think the owners keep them garaged.

I have only , seen them being driven at random periods. Can anticipate the drivers , would have spent incredibly long hours restoring them. :) :shades:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.