Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever responded to one of those emails offering to send you a "cheque" for your item, then have a "friend" pick it up? If so, how well-made were the forged cheques?

...just wondering :whistle:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
My boss was offered a deal like that but he was smart enough to ask me what I thought of the deal before he made it. I told him it was a scam so we didn't get to see the "quality" of the work. I hope no one on this board got taken like that...

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I won't get to see the craftmanship either. They asked for my address, and I told them "17 Executive Place", which happens to be our local RCMP detachment. I would love to be there when his "buddy with the pickup" shows up for my snowblower. :angel:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Squishy said:
I won't get to see the craftmanship either. They asked for my address, and I told them "17 Executive Place", which happens to be our local RCMP detachment. I would love to be there when his "buddy with the pickup" shows up for my snowblower. :angel:
Classic! :hyst:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Squishy said:
I would love to be there when his "buddy with the pickup" shows up for my snowblower. :angel:
:clap: :thumb:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I get quite a few of those scam emails. Periodically they mention ' you have been chosen as the lucky recipient. Please fill out this info form to claim your million dollars' :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
When I used Compuserve ISP I would get all kinds of awards, inheritances, offers and what have you. Maybe, now that I have refused to answer any of them I am off their listings.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay i posted payment ,its on the way pls let me know as soon as u receive it
Who's a good scammer? Whooo's a good scammer? Youuuu areeeee. </doggy speak>

I wonder if the guy picking it up is in on the scam, or some sort of paid courier. How do these guys not get killed? The eBay scam works because the seller ships the item out, but if I decided to give out my real address, someone has to show up for the snowblower. Lucky for them, I live in an area with neighbours. Otherwise, what would stop me from giving them a swift axe to the back of the head? Certainly not my moral compass.
:horse:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts