Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends there a lot of crazy rumors here in my country that the FORD company will finally be closed this year, I told a lot of my friends that it cant possibly happen since the American Govt has contingencies for this kind problems, like filling bankruptcy for a govt intervention. Am I right? or Is it really that bad nowadays with the ford company, I would like to hear opinions straight from you regarding this, since you folks have a better view of the situation there. TIA!! :yes:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Ford? Doubt it. Of the Big Three, they're in the best shape. Chrysler is in danger, although they may merge with Fiat which will benefit both companies (and finally bring Alfas back!). GM might shut down a lot of their production, but I doubt they're going away anytime soon. GM recently turned down $3 billion from the Canadian government, which has led to speculation that they are shutting down the majority of GM Canada. The same deal has offered $1 billion to Chrysler.

By the end of the recession we might only have the Big 2 or the Big 1.5, but all the nameplates should survive.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
In my opinion Chrysler is doomed. They don't have any decent products in their current lineup and they have hardly anything coming down the pipeline. GM is only slightly better off. They have a decent lineup and some good stuff in the pipeline (if the Volt ever sees the road). Their major problem is that the lineup is too vast and overlapping. Ford on the other hand is in the best shape. They still have cash to burn (although they are using it too quickly) and excellent products on the road and in the pipeline. It was obvious from the auto show that Ford knows what needs to be done and is working to get there faster than the others. The 2010 Fusion and Taurus are amazing and exactly what they need. I'll get some pictures up shortly. But really what it comes down to is that the auto industry is vital to the survival of America. If the domestic auto industry collapsed it could affect more than 13 million jobs. And those idiots that don't care because they buy foreign are in for a surprise too because there's no way that those automakers can survive without those supporting jobs.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not fond of Japanese brands either so I can 100% agree with what you are saying, I hope the Ford company survive this situation because the Automotive Industry would be like a gorgeous flower without a root. :)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Squishy said:
<snip> (and finally bring Alfas back!) <snip>
(the funniest Alfa car chase ever filmed)

"...as far as you know."

:lol:

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Everyone wants a Bail Out and with that in mind our Great, Great Grandkids will still be paying off the debt. Somewhere these Big CEO have to be held accountiable. :topic:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Have no idea where the rumour of Ford failing is coming from. Ford Motor company is the only one of the big three that has taken the downturn in product sale seriously. GM and Chrysler continue to manufacture the same stuff and expect the consumer to buy it. Yet the consumers have been rejecting the GM and Chrysler products in droves for decades.

I recall back in the 60s that the Asian manufacturers were just getting a toe hold on the American car market. I think all cars of Asian manufacture were less than 5% of total sales. And Europe had about 10% or less. Everything else was American made. Now? I doubt that all the American manufactured autos total 50%. And that may or may not be including Asian and European brands manufactured in the US. Pretty sad state of affairs. I don't know what it will take to really shake things up and get the American consumer what they want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.